Realistic price? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Realistic price? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Graham Phillips
Frequent User
Username: playtime

Post Number: 468
Posted on Wednesday, 09 February, 2022 - 14:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,.....

Just having a look at this Corniche,...

Is this seriously a realistic price?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1981-rolls-royce-corniche-auto/OAG-AD-20489379/?Cr=1

Graham.

Eric Molenaar
New User
Username: aussiewraith78

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, 09 February, 2022 - 16:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Graham,
I reckon it's 90k over priced.
My mate purchased one for 100k in better condition.

Jeff Martin
Frequent User
Username: jeff_r_1

Post Number: 325
Posted on Wednesday, 09 February, 2022 - 17:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Better condition, in what way, the photos only show what's good about it ?
I couldn't find any of the under-carriage.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1981-rolls-royce-corniche-auto/OAG-AD-20489379/?Cr=1

John Rowney
Experienced User
Username: johnrowney

Post Number: 105
Posted on Wednesday, 09 February, 2022 - 18:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I could detail the little things that are wrong with my 1978 Corniche DRH32489 with 56k miles on the clock (genuine) and spend a few dollars on them, and I would be pleased to give it away for $140k. My vehicle has also had the normal (dated) piped leather seating replaced with plain leather and it doesn't have the awful wooden steering wheel. My Corniche is also a British delivery with the Solex 4A1 carby, so it doesn't have the obnoxious environmental restraints enforced on the Aussie delivery vehicles.
Jolly good luck to the vendor to get the price. Drop head Corniches are lovely cars and will surely become very sought after vehicles. I could consider selling my lovely machine for a reasonable price so that the kids don't have to worry about flogging it when I fall off the perch.

Eric Molenaar
New User
Username: aussiewraith78

Post Number: 25
Posted on Wednesday, 09 February, 2022 - 22:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jeff, you are correct.
I should of said "similar" condition.
But i didnt want to upset my friend lol
Plus his is red so it goes faster...

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4065
Posted on Thursday, 10 February, 2022 - 08:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

IMHO overpriced, even more so considering it would have an early version of the emission-controlled engine.

If I was looking for a Corniche, it would be a pre-emission high-compression engine version.

Daniel Shepherd
New User
Username: 1957_grey_cloud

Post Number: 31
Posted on Monday, 14 November, 2022 - 05:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Looks like it's still for sale?

Across the ditch we have this one up for grabs:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/rolls-royce/other/listing/3794666317?bof=SVmUuoEz

And this 2001 is quite intriguing:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/rolls-royce/other/listing/3841356888?bof=SVmUuoEz

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: