HELP: Cruise Control Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » HELP: Cruise Control « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 240
Posted on Saturday, 04 September, 2021 - 08:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm trying to get the cruise control to work on my 79 Shadow. I removed the bellow assembly. The bellow is new.

On the bench, I tested both solenoids. Both are clicking with power.

I sealed the bellow to the metal ends. When I apply vacuum to the nipple, the bellow does not move when the two solenoids are powered.

The solenoid(s) hold vacuum perfectly, but again no movement of the bellow.

When pushing the bellow manually, I can hear air escaping through the vent of the solenoid under the black cap.

I'm at a loss! HELP PLEASE!

Richard

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 2152
Posted on Wednesday, 24 November, 2021 - 17:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi. Make sure that the rubber seals on the end of the solenoid valves are present.

Are you earthing the solenoid plate at the same time?

How are you powering both solenoids?

Welcome back Paul - I have missed your valued contributions in recent times. David

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 251
Posted on Wednesday, 24 November, 2021 - 23:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Paul,

I forgot to update my post! You are CORRECT! The rubber at the end of the solenoids was missing on both of them! I replaced both rubbers. The cruise is now working great! Thanks!

Richard

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: