Seeking news of SRH5582 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Seeking news of SRH5582 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Theo Whitmont
Experienced User
Username: old_mate

Post Number: 60
Posted on Thursday, 02 September, 2021 - 00:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,

I usually haunt the Small Horse Power pages of this forum, so please forgive any miss-steps.

A gent from South Africa has been in touch searching for information on his recently acquired 1969 Silver Shadow (SRH5582).

Is anyone aware of any information on this car that they an share? No luck on on the RREC database.

Many thanks in advance.

Theo Whitmont
Experienced User

Post Number: 61
Posted on Thursday, 02 September, 2021 - 00:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Forgot to mention - the current registration is HSW 860 EC

Many thanks

Jeff Martin
Frequent User
Username: jeff_r_1

Post Number: 282
Posted on Thursday, 02 September, 2021 - 04:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

69 Silver Dawn, this is early post war, maybe you should be in the Shadow section. Or is it 59 Dawn, but then it would be a Silver Cloud ???

I think the last year for Dawn was 1955.

Maybe I'm mistaken.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3202
Posted on Thursday, 02 September, 2021 - 06:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Going by the chassis number I have to believe this is a 1968 Silver Shadow.

According to the Production Changes by Chassis Number Booklet, SRH5582 would have been produced in the spring (March/April) of 1968. The SR? designation is definitely SY era.

Sorry I can't help any further.

Brian

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4002
Posted on Thursday, 02 September, 2021 - 08:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have relocated this thread with an appropriate edit to the Silver Shadow section of our Forum.

The chassis number definitely belongs to a Silver Shadow.

Jeff - you are right and you "haven't lost your marbles yet"!!!

Theo - your contact should arrange to get a copy of the vehicle's build sheets from Hunt House as this should include the details of the first owner and where it was delivered.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 2165
Posted on Thursday, 02 September, 2021 - 15:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The internet says the following:

1969 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow

Chassis no: SRH5582

First owner: Delivered through St. Helier garages Ltd. for Mr. M.S. Parsons in January 1969

https://www.classicrollssa.za.net/Shadow1.html

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3205
Posted on Friday, 03 September, 2021 - 00:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

That's one of the interesting facets of these cars. Model years, as conventionally construed, really didn't start to behave "as is usual" until at least the mid-1970s.

It was all about the initial delivery date rather than the production date in most cases. And even the idea of "production date," given how long each example took to produce, is not akin to what it is for any mass produced automobile.

It makes me wonder how production goes today, actually. I can't imagine that it takes as long to produce a "stock" (for lack of a better term) Phantom, Ghost, Wraith, or Dawn compared to a Shadow era car versus an SZ era car versus Seraph-Arnage, etc.

Brian

Theo Whitmont
Experienced User

Post Number: 62
Posted on Friday, 03 September, 2021 - 15:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks so much for this information and assistance Gents.

I have passed it on to the young gent and have encouraged him to join this forum.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4004
Posted on Saturday, 04 September, 2021 - 17:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Christopher Carnley has asked me to post the following archive photo of SRH5582 on his behalf.

I must apologise for the delay in posting as I have had other demands on my time recently.

SRH5582

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: