1977 Wraith II Simple Fix; Now What? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » 1977 Wraith II Simple Fix; Now What? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Randy Roberson
Frequent User
Username: wascator

Post Number: 851
Posted on Tuesday, 05 January, 2021 - 02:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The Wraith wasn't running quite right, so I made up my mind to attack on the first sunny day. One of the knobs on top the carb would not lift the needle after unscrewing; hummm? I removed the cover and associated parts. First, I noticed the clip that holds the piston to the knob was loose so it was not attached. I pulled the piston and there was some grunge on the needle, so I cleaned it, gave her a spray with carb cleaner down the needle hole. I reassembled, replaced the damper oil, and she runs as she ought! Simple fix. A 10 mile test run in pleasant weather was a joy.
Now, the transmission selector motor seems to have become intermittent or has stopped working altogether. Back underneath I go...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 670
Posted on Tuesday, 05 January, 2021 - 02:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Randy... my comment regarding the lamp delay was for your car. I realize the earlier ones did not have one.

At one point the plug was hardwired into the gearbox actuator and the connectors (2) are now located above the tunnel.
If you have intermittent engagement, remove the steering column covers and clean the visible switch contacts.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: