Rubber and or EPDM Bump stops Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Rubber and or EPDM Bump stops « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff McCarthy
Frequent User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 678
Posted on Monday, 26 October, 2020 - 17:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill Coburn once sourced some alternative rubber bump stops for the SY cars from Blackwoods. Alas these are no longer available from them. See Tee One #7

Restomod, among others seem to sell something similar as do various companies selling "universal" ones made out of EPDM which they claim lasts longer.

Given the price of around AU$200 each for the eight on our cars I'm wondering if someone has one lying around they could measure it and post the dimensions here to assist me in my search.

I'm in the process of slowly collecting all the bits I'll need to replace the rear springs and shock absorbers/dampers.

I realise that anything on the market would need rethreading with a tap and die set (5/16ths UNF) as Bill notes.

My car is SRH20280 and apparently the dimensions changed around the 16000 mark with the compliant suspension.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: