Windows electrical check Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Windows electrical check « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glen Poolen
Frequent User
Username: wgipps

Post Number: 247
Posted on Tuesday, 28 April, 2020 - 12:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This is a circuit breaker under the dash on the passenger side on SRH17903. From memory, it has something to do with the electric windows.

Can someone please tell me exactly what it is and called - so i can tell the auto elec. Thanks.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 2206
Posted on Tuesday, 28 April, 2020 - 13:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Glen

Yes, it is an overload protection device for the power windows. If it is tripped all the windows lose their power. The handbook (p153) states to wait 20 seconds to allow it to cool before pressing the red reset button.

Jeff McCarthy
Frequent User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 661
Posted on Tuesday, 28 April, 2020 - 14:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Glen it's a manual reset circuit breaker. Just push the red button if a window stops working. That is all it does.

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 638
Posted on Tuesday, 28 April, 2020 - 18:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Time to get a new auto electrician if he don't know what that is!

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 610
Posted on Tuesday, 28 April, 2020 - 21:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If you have a window that does not activate from the master switches, it is a good possibility there is a broken wire within the driver door wire conduit. It is a fairly common problem.

Martyn Cruickshank
New User
Username: martyn_c

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, 29 April, 2020 - 18:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I spent all day looking for a wiring fault on my O/S rear window, all the rest were working fine, eventually I pressed the red button on the cutout switch and the window came back to life, So on my car at least the windows seem to go through the cut out individually?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: