Radiator hoses Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Radiator hoses « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glen Poolen
Frequent User
Username: wgipps

Post Number: 240
Posted on Friday, 13 March, 2020 - 17:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There was a thread a little while ago that identified non-genuine parts that can be used to replace RR parts. Is that still around?

Does the SS1 share any radiator or heater hoses with any other known vehicle?

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3626
Posted on Friday, 13 March, 2020 - 20:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Glen,

From distant memory - a coolant hose from a 1970's [??] V8 Falcon could be used/cut down for one of the Shadow engine hoses but I have forgotten the details. You would need to take the original hose to Repco/SuperCheap/Bursons and match it with their stock of hoses to find one that could be cut-down to match the genuine RRMC item.

You could try using Brian Vogel's Google Search request for this forum replacing the search term "coolant amplifier" rebuild" with the item you are looking for [e.g Shadow coolant hose]:

site:au.rrforums.net/forum/messages +"coolant amplifier" rebuild

This is a very useful tool for searching this forum for details of posts containing the search term as per the example below:

site:au.rrforums.net/forum/messages + Shadow coolant hose

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 2192
Posted on Saturday, 14 March, 2020 - 00:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Glen

Below are the notes I made for the heater hoses on my 74 SY1 (SRX18501).

The substitute parts came from a US supplier called Napa. I realize this will not apply for Australia so it's just a case of getting your local motor factor to find a match.

For the return hose (UR17763) I used straight 5/8" hose. The curve is so slight straight hose will work without kinking.

Note that the engine to heater tap hose (UE38223) is 5/8" dia at the one end and 3/4" dia at the other. I read on the net that a 5/8" hose can be forced onto a 3/4" pipe, but I decided to just buy the correct replacement from Flying Spares.

Notes follow:

h1

h2

h3

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: