BATTERY TEMP SENSORS SS11 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » BATTERY TEMP SENSORS SS11 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nigel hawcroft
New User
Username: nigel

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, 05 January, 2006 - 07:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Happy New Year!
After reading MR Mark Herbstreit comments on the 2nd of June 2005 on CAV 440D REGULATORS if I disconnect the battery temp sensors(UD 22067) will over charging result and are there any alternative sensors I can use
I have trawled the internet to no avail for alternative sensors
warm regards

Nigel SRH 36390

Mark Herbstreit
Experienced User
Username: mark_herbstreit

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, 05 January, 2006 - 02:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Nigel,
I was chewing through batteries at a great rate of knots (about every two years)until I disconnected the sensor. Since disconnecting I am on my fourth year and counting. This sensor was only on cars of the Shadow II era so I think the factory realised it was a waste of time when the Spirits came along. Its function is easy (and free!)to check. From my personal experience there has only been positive results from disconnecting it. I can leave the car for at least four weeks without the battery running flat. Before it was only two. (I do usually disconnect the battery if I am going to leave the car for any length of time). There has been absolutely no incidence of overcharging. It now charges like every other car. I am not sure about replacement sensors but I am sure there must be something around if you wish to keep it. Hope this helps.

Nigel hawcroft
New User
Username: nigel

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, 05 January, 2006 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Mark,

Regards
Nigel
SRH 36390