Brake pressure relay Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Brake pressure relay « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carl Jensen
Experienced User
Username: carl_jensen

Post Number: 58
Posted on Tuesday, 26 November, 2019 - 04:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

1975 Shadow LRD20648. Hi everyone. I am having a monster of a time locating the relay for the brake pressure warning light(s). Does anyone have a clue where I can find this relay? The electrical diagrams don't seem to be of much use, especially since I am not too good in this area. Thanks. Carl.

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 1906
Posted on Tuesday, 26 November, 2019 - 04:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Carl,
I am not an expert on Shadows. However - I dont think there is a relay for the light.
The switch activates the light directly (i think)...
Someone will chime in soon enough and clarify this point exactly.
Thanks
Omar

Jim Walters
Frequent User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 280
Posted on Tuesday, 26 November, 2019 - 05:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No relay. The switches on a 75 are mounted on the left front inner fender just aft of the radiator, sticking up between the alternator and the speed control unit. Connection wires come off the top of switches with white dust boots. Unscrupulous sellers will sometime unplug them. It's very common for these switches to seize with disuse. Depressurize the system, unscrew the switch from the housing below, dismantle and clean. Carefully remove the little fiber plunger that operates the switch, and carefully sand it with 600 grit paper until it slides free in its housing. They are brittle and break easily so be careful.

SRH8505 SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 560
Posted on Tuesday, 26 November, 2019 - 13:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Are the warning lites not working? Use the bulb test to confirm. If they are on after the motor has been running for over 4 min, they may be reading a false positive and have to be re-built.

With the engine off, turn ignition to "ON". Depress the brake pedal until the lamps illuminate. Keep track as to how many brake pedal pumps it takes.
It is an indication of accumulator condition.

Carl Jensen
Experienced User
Username: carl_jensen

Post Number: 59
Posted on Tuesday, 26 November, 2019 - 13:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No wonder I couldn't find the relay! Thanks very much for everyone's help. I feel like a complete idiot, but at least I now know what is going on. Thanks again. Carl.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: