1973 Shadow Indicator Dash Light Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » 1973 Shadow Indicator Dash Light « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

sheriffe karim
New User
Username: sheriffe

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, 16 October, 2019 - 04:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My turn signal on the outside of my car all works fine, but the inside light on the dash does not light up; I check the bulbs and they are ok.If you put a test light on the socket it work fine.
Need help of anyone can.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2976
Posted on Wednesday, 16 October, 2019 - 06:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Have you tried a new bulb?

Since you say the socket works correctly with a test light that points to the bulb. That or something about the socket has deformed slightly such that the contacts between socket and bulb are not actually occurring.

By the way, and welcome, it would be best to place technical questions regarding the Silver Shadow in the Silver Shadow Series forum as opposed to General Discussion.

Brian

Moderator Comment: I have moved this thread as suggested by Brian.

Martin Taylor
Experienced User
Username: martin_taylor

Post Number: 169
Posted on Thursday, 17 October, 2019 - 12:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The flasher warning lamps are fed from the flasher unit directly, that is why the flasher light is on in between flashes, check the indicator unit is both working and seated correctly
properly

Martin Taylor
Experienced User
Username: martin_taylor

Post Number: 170
Posted on Thursday, 17 October, 2019 - 13:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Philip Sproston
New User
Username: phil2025

Post Number: 35
Posted on Saturday, 19 October, 2019 - 16:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

look at Turn signal contacts on the 16-6-2018 in this section

Martyn Cruickshank
New User
Username: martyn_c

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, 22 December, 2019 - 02:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Sheriffe,
I had a similar problem on my 1976 Shaddow, but my indicator dash light worked outside the speedo but couldn't be seen from the drivers seat, I found that the rubber housing inside the speedo had melted so stopping any light getting through the green gem.

ross kowalski
Prolific User
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 1297
Posted on Monday, 23 December, 2019 - 10:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sheriffe,

I had the same problem a while ago, the problem turned out to be the contacts in the steering column that switch the dash lights.

On my 1970 car there are two sets of contacts, one for the outside flashers and a second set for the dash lights.

On my car I just removed a little vinyl trim piece at the base of the column and 4 screws. you could clean them easily if the steering column shell were off.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: