Transmission Actuattor Problem Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Transmission Actuattor Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 1112
Posted on Friday, 30 August, 2019 - 10:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all a friend of mine has acquired a Silver Shadow 2 the ignition system has been vandalised and the transmittion is in park I seem to remember that there is a way to manually disingage this but I cant find the thread any help appreciated.
Richard.

ross kowalski
Prolific User
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 1216
Posted on Friday, 30 August, 2019 - 12:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

If he just needs to get it into neutral for a tow. You can just disconnect the rod from the shift actuator to the transmission shift arm. Then you just move the arm manually.

Mike Thompson
Frequent User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 930
Posted on Friday, 30 August, 2019 - 14:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As Ross said, when I got my 1975 SS I and II hybrid (a tweener, in between a I and a II) the rod was disconnected, so I thought I had electrical problems. But it was a simple fix.

link

gordon le feuvre
Frequent User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 314
Posted on Friday, 30 August, 2019 - 17:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The very early 4 speed had a grommet in trans floor that could be removed and the wheel change tommy ar used as manual selector. This was deleted as electrical system proved very reliable. As Ross says just disconnect selector arm 2 clicks from park, that will put box into neutral. I heck it has trans oil in an can be towed ( ithink) up to 25 miles at max 50 mph- check manual

Hubert Kelly
Frequent User
Username: h_kelly

Post Number: 369
Posted on Friday, 30 August, 2019 - 18:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard as everyone has mentioned, or... you could expose the black gearshift lever cover and try move gears by putting a 12 volt power source over the appropriate copper segment of the gearshift in the hope of change gear?. Failing this try same at wiring loom at footwear as this will bypass any relays etc

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 1113
Posted on Friday, 30 August, 2019 - 18:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you all I will relay information to Stephen.

Richard

Mike Thompson
Frequent User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 940
Posted on Friday, 06 September, 2019 - 16:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The way I towed my RR was to disconnect the rear drive shaft and it will lay on that brace out of the way. You can then tow it any distance with out harming the transmission.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 495
Posted on Saturday, 07 September, 2019 - 07:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm in total agreement with Mike regarding the disconnection of the drive shaft at the differential for towing purposes.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: