Washer pump capacitor Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Washer pump capacitor « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Avery Wise
New User
Username: hans3

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, 14 August, 2019 - 21:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A vendor recently offered a batch of NOS rectangular washer reservoirs / pumps on E-Bay. I bought one and it's as advertised--even has the level sensor bolt heads I needed (assume they conduct through the washer fluid itself). Product came with a capacitor and wire strand in a RR-branded ziplock. I presume this is intended as some form of delayed shutoff but wanted to confirm whether it gets wired in series with the pump (+) wire? Tech archive wiring schematics don't show it.

Link: clickhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-INVENTORY-JUST-IN-ROLLS-ROYCE-CORNICHE-BENTLEY-WASHER-RESERVOIR-PUMP/264428616493?hash=item3d912c7b2d:g:IdoAAOSwl-ddDqgI
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 507
Posted on Wednesday, 14 August, 2019 - 22:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That is a capacitor commonly used in RR electrical systems. It goes from Positive to ground and is used to suppress noise generated by the electric pump motor. It is not a delay and not wired in series.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: