RR AC Test Box Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » RR AC Test Box « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1554
Posted on Monday, 12 August, 2019 - 03:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert I PMed you yesterday with all the numbers off the meter.

Did you receive that PM?

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 500
Posted on Monday, 12 August, 2019 - 04:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes, Thanks again Vlad.
2 more questions:
Meter width
Box size.

Robert

Prolific User

Post Number: 1558
Posted on Monday, 12 August, 2019 - 13:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert possibly in a week or two because the Box is presently locked up with the door wired to a hand grenade at my country lair and I am out at a cattle station repairing machinery destroyed savagely by a tribe of deranged armed cowboys.

Prolific User

Post Number: 1594
Posted on Tuesday, 27 August, 2019 - 07:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert did you receive the metre width and box size from me?

I am home now, possibly for good having escaped the lunatics on the cattle ranch who will now bleed money like a stabbed yelping dog when they take all their broken machinery to the nearest town for repairs.

There is this Swede in town who does repairs and he is a known theif with a raving out of control gambling habit and I just cannot wait for him to start taking his mechanical work back there - the screams will be terrible.

So no problem resending the info again to you.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3542
Posted on Monday, 30 December, 2019 - 15:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I recently received information that will assist anyone with some electronics experience interested in constructing a test unit for the Shadow air conditioning system as referred to above.

I will provide this information on request and I suggest anyone interested should send me a PM through this forum with an email address for my response.

I wish to sincerely thank the source of this information who wishes to remain anonymous at their specific request.

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 1915
Posted on Monday, 30 December, 2019 - 18:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear David,
Naturally, there will be lots of PMs coming your way. I just want to thank you and indeed the kind person for making this offer available to us enthusiasts.
Thanks
Omar

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 572
Posted on Monday, 30 December, 2019 - 22:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

NOTE: This is for the newer "split" systems found on cars from 1977. Not designed for earlier years.It tests the servo action only.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3544
Posted on Tuesday, 31 December, 2019 - 14:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert,

I expect anyone contemplating assembling this unit would have checked to discover what system is fitted to their vehicle beforehand.

Mike Thompson
Prolific User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 1167
Posted on Thursday, 02 January, 2020 - 00:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sad Vlad is gone, I miss his antics.

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 1917
Posted on Thursday, 02 January, 2020 - 02:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

we all miss him.
I certainly look forward to his return.

Omar

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 2249
Posted on Thursday, 02 January, 2020 - 03:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sad, also Steve Emmott a very clever Gent!

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 1920
Posted on Thursday, 02 January, 2020 - 18:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I was thinking.....
If we all start building one of these boxes - surely it will be easier for only one of us to build the required number and all those interested simply pay their share of the build. The proviso would be for the syndicate to subsidise the costs for the person building them
- such that the builder ends up with his tester at zero cost and the rest of us get the units built for us without the hassle of building.

Any takers for building? I would be happy to pay to have one built for me.

Graham Phillips
Experienced User
Username: playtime

Post Number: 199
Posted on Thursday, 02 January, 2020 - 18:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,....

I second Omar here, I'd be happy to have somebody build one for me as electronics I am sorry to say isn't my strong suit,....

Graham.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: