Heater/ AC Blower Fans Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Heater/ AC Blower Fans « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Experienced User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 151
Posted on Friday, 19 July, 2019 - 07:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I drove my 79 Shadow II today. Suddenly, the blower fans for the AC/heat stopped working. I turned the switch off and back on, and they would start blowing again for less than a minute to 5 or more minutes each time. After going through this off/on, they worked continuously for the rest of the trip (about 30 minutes). Long story short, when they stop working, they immediately come back on when moving the switch to off & back on, but would not stay on. Any idea what is going on? The AC air was very comfortable on a 98F day with no overheating!

Thanks!

Richard
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alan Dibley
Experienced User
Username: alsdibley

Post Number: 199
Posted on Friday, 19 July, 2019 - 18:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dirty/corroded switch contacts? Try spraying them with switch-cleaner/lubricant.

Alan D.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: