Strange wires, where do they belong? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Strange wires, where do they belong? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harry Kuurio
Experienced User
Username: harry_kuurio

Post Number: 41
Posted on Sunday, 30 October, 2005 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,

these two wires (LG and LGU), coming up the trans tunnel to the area of the coil, (seen here in the middle of the pic and in the close-up) ending there with the connectors one can see on pics - what are they for?

My car is SRG32569, US CA spec '78 SSII.

I haven't been able to figure out this one.

Anyone, do you have these wires and where do they run to?

For clarity, some items (cc bellows, air con blower tubes etc.) have been removed.

DH

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 460
Posted on Sunday, 30 October, 2005 - 06:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hummmm long shot as i have over slept just fired the com up.
Are you running the ballast even most contactless systems on these cars should have one.
If you have the rare injection it will not.
Will look at my car but USA spec cars may have things like electric release foot parking brake,
RT may have a better idea of what the wirers are.

whunter
Prolific User
Username: whunter

Post Number: 164
Posted on Monday, 31 October, 2005 - 03:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I would like to know also.
These wires are not connected on any of the SS2 or SW2 cars that I have worked upon.
No affect upon durability or performance.

Is that a high output ignition coil in the back ground?
If it is, you will want to remove it, and install the correct capacity coil, before you burn out the electronics.

Mark in SBA
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 12.155.143.111
Posted on Friday, 11 November, 2005 - 03:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It appears your speed control bellows is missing and some of the wires disconnected. I show a bunch of speed control stuff with LG, LGG, and LGU wires coming from the speed control unit, off the valence plug, and to the bellows solenoid.

Just a guess

(Message approved by david_gore)

Nigel hawcroft
New User
Username: nigel

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, 05 January, 2006 - 08:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I too have the same wires showing yet one is blue in colour,intrigued,although mine have no connectors on them

Nigel
SRH36390