Where are all the Videos? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Where are all the Videos? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Graham Phillips
Experienced User
Username: playtime

Post Number: 38
Posted on Sunday, 31 March, 2019 - 04:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,......

So where are all the video's of Silver Shadows out there?

Any search on U-tube results mainly in for sale video's in the US, some UK and a handful down under.

Not a lot of documentary's either,....

All in all there seems to be barely any considering,....

Where are they all?

Graham.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 2072
Posted on Sunday, 31 March, 2019 - 06:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Graham

Try using the search string "rollsroycenut" for loads of instructional videos on maintenance.

Also, "Harry's garage arctic" for a video of a trip to the arctic circle in a Silver Shadow, a particular favourite of mine.

Steve Emmott
Prolific User
Username: steve_e

Post Number: 177
Posted on Sunday, 31 March, 2019 - 06:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Graham,

You can also search 'Rolls Royce Graveyards'.....

I was amazed to see just how many RR/B especially Shadows/T are piled up in scrapyards all around the world.

I know the Shadow was one of the largest production volumes and you can see on the forum here it has the largest amount of posts but many do seem from just a handful of the same members or occasionally new owners.

You can also do a youtube search 'youtube bentleynut'

This was a gent Jerome B who was in Aus probably even a member on this forum and I did a lot of 1 to 1 assistance over the internet with him when I was in France.

Last I knew he had moved to USA

Graham Phillips
Experienced User

Post Number: 39
Posted on Sunday, 31 March, 2019 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,.....

Geoff, I am half way through rollsroycenuts steering rack vids he posted just a few weeks ago.

Also I did post about Harry Garage in my first thread, I too love his trip to the Artic in his 4,100 pound seriesI, I have been hoping to see more video's by owners doing trips with their Roll's.

I think when you see video of others having fun it tends to inspire you to do something as well.

Steve, I have seen a couple of video's of abandoned Roll's around the world and I think its kind of sad really. Always leaves me wondering how they got that way.

In fact I knew of one I passed by for about ten years always sat in the same spot gathering dust and dirt exposed to the weather outside, I think it must have been an asset of a closed engineering business and forgotten about. only a couple of months ago when the property next door was developed did it disappear, now the old engineering shed it was parked outside of looks like it is being refurbished,....

I wonder who has it and what became of it,..?

Graham.

Steve Emmott
Prolific User
Username: steve_e

Post Number: 178
Posted on Monday, 01 April, 2019 - 04:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Graham,

Here is an interesting link

http://www.rrsilvershadow.com/EGall/GallRR.htm

No videos but lots of pictures of vehicles and owners details. Must think about sending mine off to be included. I can see a few cars that are members on this forum included.

Graham Phillips
Experienced User

Post Number: 40
Posted on Monday, 01 April, 2019 - 08:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,....

Thanks for that Steve.

I see the chassis number of the one I am going to look at is listed on the site,.... no photo of it though.

Graham.

Mike Thompson
New User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, 07 April, 2019 - 05:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I also would recommend "rollsroycenut" helped a lot. I found the same problem, nothing out there on how to take apart the dash. Just had to wing it.Dash

Patrick Francis
Prolific User
Username: jackpot

Post Number: 279
Posted on Friday, 12 April, 2019 - 08:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Interestingly, Ronnie from rollsroycenut has 2 videos on bleeding the silver shadow brake system. At the end of the 2nd video he states that he has been using Castrol dot4 lnm instead od RR363 for 40 years with no adverse effects!
I have happily converted to yak by the way. So far so good.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: