Pad removal Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Pad removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glen Poolen
Prolific User
Username: wgipps

Post Number: 128
Posted on Tuesday, 20 November, 2018 - 02:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi
This knee pad - under the cruise control and in front of the bonet release. How can i get this out - can anyone tell me where it is secured?
Thanks
G

Jeff McCarthy
Grand Master
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 577
Posted on Tuesday, 20 November, 2018 - 03:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Arrgh! Further below is instructions for removing the piece below the one in your photo which is attached/detached by the same type of clips as the door cards - use a lever to undo them: there are four. It sometimes helps to loosen the centre console side bolster first. The left hand side of the piece in the pic tucks behind the top of the bolster which is itself secured by 2 nuts and washers on the inside of the console; they are easy to drop down into the gubbins so be careful!!

Should have looked more closely at the pic. Anyway, for future reference..
There are two bolts. Undo with an 8mm (from memory) socket; the first is accessible from the lowered fusebox and the other is attached to the centre console.
Undo with an 8mm (from memory) socket; the first is accessible from the lowered fusebox and the other is attached to the centre console.

The knee-roll has 2 metal bits attached at a right angle wih U-shaped cutouts that slide under the bolts. Use a bit of WD40 to loosen if they're tight. Once the bolts (and washers) are removed or loosened the piece will slide out.

At the top is a riveted metal catch that slides over a small tab on the dash. Just pull the knee-roll down slightly to disengage.

Pull the bonnet lever forward to make access a bit easier as well.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 2055
Posted on Tuesday, 20 November, 2018 - 04:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here are a couple of pics to illustrate what Jeff has just written. My car is a LHD model, so not sure which form of fastening is applicable for the RHD models.

Note that I am missing 2 clips in photo 1, to be replaced when I refit the pad.

I'm fairly sure the pad in the top photo is the one Glen is trying to remove - held by 4 clips.

a

b

Jeff McCarthy
Grand Master
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 578
Posted on Tuesday, 20 November, 2018 - 07:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Almost exactly the same Geoff - except in mirror image for RHD vehicles.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: