Rolls-Royce Corniche Cabrio 1974 RHD ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Rolls-Royce Corniche Cabrio 1974 RHD Wiring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rodney Peach
Frequent User
Username: rodney

Post Number: 77
Posted on Saturday, 17 November, 2018 - 05:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

HI All ,
I have restored the body on my 1975 corniche cabrio RHD ,when they took it apart all photos were taken of wiring and more things but lost pen drive can anybody help me please would be all exterior lights and interior switches and to windows lighters relays in the boot and indicators rear fog lamps and reverse lights etc wiring diagram for now .

Regards
Rodney

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 81
Posted on Saturday, 17 November, 2018 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wiring diagrams for your care can be found here:
http://rrtechnical.info/
Always tag the wire and the fixture when taking apart electrical items and upon assembly you won't have this issue.

Rodney Peach
Frequent User

Post Number: 79
Posted on Sunday, 18 November, 2018 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Robert ,
I will have a look thanks a lot ! we didn't take it apart the garage had and wrote on masking tape but lost photos and on masking tape so long cannot see his writing and he has retired what a issue we have they had car for years saying we will do it slowly but well its all done but of course after time things get lost etc ! if it was us I would have done like you said properly

Regards
Rodney

Rodney Peach
Frequent User

Post Number: 82
Posted on Friday, 07 December, 2018 - 05:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All , we are trying to work out a few things the garage left without coupling and first the RH passenger door on our 1974 corniche cabrio the wiring to window motor is like photos but does not move and on wiring diagrams it does not actually show as like this does it ? does can anybody help ?

Most Grateful Rodney

Rodney Peach
Frequent User

Post Number: 83
Posted on Friday, 07 December, 2018 - 05:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All , we are trying to work out a few things the garage left without coupling and first the RH passenger door on our 1974 corniche cabrio the wiring to window motor is like photos but does not move and on wiring diagrams it does not actually show as like this does it ? does can anybody help ?

Most Grateful Rodney

Rodney Peach
Frequent User

Post Number: 84
Posted on Friday, 07 December, 2018 - 05:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

sorry sending photos separately

Rodney Peach
Frequent User

Post Number: 85
Posted on Friday, 07 December, 2018 - 06:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

second red cable from left below nothing goes into top screw so second top screw empty ! don't know what they have done ...

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 2109
Posted on Friday, 07 December, 2018 - 07:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

B (black should go to a loom to the motor)
There should be a red wire coming from the same place. (thinner pair).

Looks like it may possibly be the wire I've marked A ?

More likely it could be the one marked C. That should go to the top empty terminal. Then the two tiny reds marked D should be split up and put in each on the bottom terminals (to match the two yellows at the other end of the chocolate block.)

That red from the same loom should go the empty terminal.

Up and down signals are the [Brown / red] and [Brown / green ] wires and come from the switches. They go through the chocolate block to the thin wires at the bottom.
They go from there to the limit switch and then back to the chocolate block.
It then goes to the thin red and thin black wires to the motor.

Do not be tempted to bypass the limit switches. (which looks like what may have happened on the red side).

Piper Window Motors are the WORST window systems ever invented!!
If yours are working at all I would take them out and save them in case the rear windows give problems.
I would then fit later style mechanisms to both the doors. Cheaper, better, more reliable.

I have not found an easy way of converting the rear windows so save the working motors for them.

If you'd like more details or the parts feel free to give me a shout.

Good luck with her Rodney :-)

Rodney Peach
Frequent User

Post Number: 86
Posted on Sunday, 09 December, 2018 - 05:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Paul,
Will look into it thankyou very much ...
Regards
Rodney

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: