Speedometer Transducer Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Speedometer Transducer « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 94
Posted on Tuesday, 19 June, 2018 - 09:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I need a speedometer transducer for one of my 78 Shadows. I need the replacement because a fire destroyed the exterior/interior of my transducer. I checked Brian's substitute parts, but I did not see any. I know the Jaguar XJS used the GM 400 transmission. Wondering if it would substitute? Better still, would anyone have a reasonable spare? Used ones are over $200!!!!!

Richard
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2931
Posted on Tuesday, 19 June, 2018 - 01:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

All your Shadows should have the ubiquitous GM T400 auto transmission and I would expect the standard T400 speed sensor to have been used and the speedometer calibrated accordingly.

Replacement new speed sensors should be available from automotive parts suppliers right across the USA.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: