Long winter slumber over. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Long winter slumber over. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 963
Posted on Saturday, 05 May, 2018 - 09:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Today was the first day that I have felt like going outside to work on my cars so I started with my Shadow one SRH 19529, Hooked up a fresh charged battery turned on the ignition heard the welcome sound of the SU fuel pumps filling up the carbs. pressed the accelerator to the floor for the fast idle turned the key and bingo car started right up took her for a ten mile run no problems, 44 years this October cant be bad to that.

Richard.
Richard,

ross kowalski
Grand Master
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 766
Posted on Saturday, 05 May, 2018 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

I just brought mine out of hibernation last week.
I forgot how much I like the Shadow.

Mark Aldridge
Grand Master
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 528
Posted on Saturday, 05 May, 2018 - 07:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,Ross, must be the season. Serviced my Shadow last weekend, adjusted the steering box, "town cap" on its way from Kelly, ready to use.
Mark

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 964
Posted on Saturday, 05 May, 2018 - 09:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark you will have to fill me in on the town cap thing me jig.

Richard.

Mark Aldridge
Grand Master
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 529
Posted on Sunday, 06 May, 2018 - 01:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard, the Town Cap replaces the Mascot , sadly seems necessary over here,as there seems to be a sticky fingered moron outbreak.Mercedes stars are also being removed by brute force. Only I think necessary to use the town cap if you are parking and leaving the car. https://www.britishtoolworks.com/product-page/silver-shadow-bentley-t-dummy-mascot
Mark

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1495
Posted on Sunday, 06 May, 2018 - 02:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As you are all taking your cars out of hibernation I have started to put mine away. The heat kills the cars in my part of the world.
My every day cars will now be modern things until I get my 5995 up and running.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1885
Posted on Sunday, 06 May, 2018 - 09:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Another beautifully made part from the master craftsman Kelly.

A true genius mate.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: