A/C Charging Ports Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » A/C Charging Ports « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Gardner
Experienced User
Username: bobg

Post Number: 50
Posted on Saturday, 28 April, 2018 - 03:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I want to convert my A/C, to 134A, I realize that I need to change out the valves Where are the charging ports located ?

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1473
Posted on Saturday, 28 April, 2018 - 05:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

you don't need to change the valves or ports. You can use the same ones as the original R12 ports and get adapters.

Mark Luft
Prolific User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 184
Posted on Saturday, 28 April, 2018 - 05:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Flying Spares sells a kit to change over.

Robert Gardner
Frequent User
Username: bobg

Post Number: 51
Posted on Saturday, 28 April, 2018 - 07:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

BUT WHERE ARE THE VALVES LOCATED IN THE ENGINE BAY ??

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1474
Posted on Saturday, 28 April, 2018 - 02:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

from your compressor - follow the thick rubber hoses/pipes that go in and out of it. There should be only two valves that look like the valves that you have on your wheels for filling the tyres with air. These are located within the pipework somewhere although on your 1971 car I think one of the valves is close to the hydraulic system reservoir.
If you take photos we will tell you which is the suction and which is the discharge port.

Mark Aldridge
Grand Master
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 523
Posted on Saturday, 28 April, 2018 - 09:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

On a 1971 car there is only one charging port, on the suction throttling valve, next to the hydraulic reservoir.If you have any doubts about the throttling valve function or gas tight, consider converting to the later thermostatic valve which cycles the compressor. FS and Introcar sell kits.
Mark

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: