Wiper rotary sw removal Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Wiper rotary sw removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harrison W
New User
Username: hans3

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, 09 April, 2018 - 05:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello, how does one remove the chrome wiper rotary switch found on late Shadows / Corniches? It and the wiper switch mechanism sandwich the black switch panel. There's no apparent grub / Allen screw. It's the same knob as for the A/C control. Thanks much!

Chris Browne
Prolific User
Username: chrisb

Post Number: 291
Posted on Monday, 09 April, 2018 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello,
I have posted three photos below of the switch assembly and panel so you can see how it fixes to the dash, As far as I can recall, the chrome knob simply pulls off as it is held by a spring clip. Once removed, a nut is visible which is removed with a socket. The switch assembly unplugs from the wiring loom by the large black plug shown.
Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Chris

Harrison W
New User
Username: hans3

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, 10 April, 2018 - 09:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks; I can now confirm that the knob will pull off from the front ... but only after the spring clip behind the panel board is removed. The spring clip holds the knob's half-moon shape to the shaft. I had to tap the knob off from behind with a long screwdriver to dislodge it. Once removed the switch's retaining nut can be undone with a long thin-walled socket.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: