Post Number: 32
|Posted on Sunday, 31 December, 2017 - 01:09 pm: |
Hi I was changing some vacuum piping that was leaking and hard and perisihed.
While i was trying to renew this section it simply broke off
So I have no way of knowing where it was.
I know it runs from the valve but to where is the induction manifold drainpipe to connect it to..?
Can anyone advise - by the way we in Australia have a lot of these additions that you may not even have.
Anyone have any idea where it goes.
I have used a borescope and the manual for a week with no success.
By the way the Below was taken from the Full Manual
Chapter K Fuel Systems and Carburettor - Page 17
Point 5. is the relevant step.
5. Detach the hose from the float chamber drain valve noting that it is attached to the induction mani- fold fuel drain pipe
Here are the full instructions as well for context.
Fuel spill pipe-To remove
The following procedures apply to cars from Car Serial Number SRH 8742 and onwards only.
1. Unscrew the worm drive clip situated above the float chamber drain valve.
2. Unscrew the worm drive clip from the hose adjacent to the distributor.
3. Detach the hose.
4. Unscrew the worm drive clip situated below the
float chamber drain valve.
5. Detach the hose from the float chamber drain valve noting that it is attached to the induction mani- fold fuel drain pipe.
6 . If the float chamber drain valve is to be removed, unscrew the bolt securing the valve clamping bracket and remove the bracket together with the valve. The valve clamping bracket is secured to a bracket attached to the bell housing.
Note If a float chamber drain valve is faulty or damaged a new valve must be fitted.