Deceleration Valve Assembly Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Deceleration Valve Assembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 796
Posted on Wednesday, 27 December, 2017 - 06:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have removed the innards of the deceleration valve on the 1977 Wraith II, with the intention of replacing the soft parts.
The instructions are not clear: I assume the small steel insert holds the round rubber seal in place so the seal goes in first, then the insert.
Otherwise, situation seems good. The rubber seal was squishy soft but not coming apart.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1651
Posted on Wednesday, 27 December, 2017 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Maybe the valve can be tested by blowing air throu and tipping the valve forward to simulate heavy braking.

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 798
Posted on Wednesday, 27 December, 2017 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Problem was I hooked the rubber seal and removed it without thinking, and it was soft enough it pulled out and left the steel retainer ("insert") in place. When I consulted the Factory Manual while considering how to remove the insert, I realized what was the correct arrangement. Also, the Manual did solve that problem: it specified use of an Eze-Out, which I had on hand. Worked perfectly.
Got it together just right. At least I know its disintegration is not the source of the brake issue. I might end up with a couple of used but tested distribution valves from Flying Spares.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: