Vacuum connections Engine- 1976 Silve... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Vacuum connections Engine- 1976 Silver Shadow SRH24545 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Martyn Grattage
New User
Username: martyngrattage

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, 07 November, 2017 - 09:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I bought my car very recently:

In the engine bay I noticed a few vacuum pipes either not connected or old and perished.

I reconnected a tube that I assumed connected to a long metal connector right in the m middle of the engine.??

An old pipe going from the the engine Tee piece up to nowhere on mine

Also there is no tube the one side of the round black diaphragm

Any advice on how the vacuum should run - And what I can replace
Thanks,
Martyn
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2719
Posted on Tuesday, 07 November, 2017 - 01:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Martyn,

When asking for advice on your car, we need both the chassis number and photographs relevant to your enquiry. The reason for this is Rolls-Royce made many changes to each model during the years when each model was in production plus cars delivered in other countries to different local specifications have subsequently made their way to Australia.

There is a large number of active members on this forum who help with advice, guidance and encouragement once they know what vehicle is involved and can see what and where the problem is located.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: