'77 Wraith II Hydraulic Pipe/Tubing C... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » '77 Wraith II Hydraulic Pipe/Tubing Color Codes « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 778
Posted on Thursday, 26 October, 2017 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There is a tubing connection block just aft of the rat trap on my Car. There are four of these, each has three pipes connected to it. Some go to the rear, some to the front, and some to the distribution valves. There are color code sleeves, but they have all faded to the point I can't reliably identify the colors. Can anyone tell me what the colors are supposed to be (assuming the pipes are arranged as mine are which I think is a fairly likely situation)?

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2471
Posted on Thursday, 26 October, 2017 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Randy,

Have a look at: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B61gLtsXt4oqYktYQ0stM2ljcVE

This is from the Workshop Manual, Chapter G17, Figure G2. I have never tried to print this out but it looks like it would be quite large and span multiple letter sized pages that you'd have to piece together.

Brian

Randy Roberson
Grand Master

Post Number: 780
Posted on Thursday, 26 October, 2017 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have most of the Factory literature in electronic form, but none are informative enough it seems on many different topics, and this is one of them. My ideal would be a well-sorted, identical Car to look at for comparison; alternatively I hope for photos or advice from other Hobbyists, so the Internet and Marque forums are great! Thanks!

gordon le feuvre
Prolific User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 219
Posted on Saturday, 28 October, 2017 - 06:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Still amazes me why chassis no is not mandatory with each question? over the life of the shadow so much changed, it seemed every new car we received was different from the last!

Randy Roberson
Grand Master

Post Number: 782
Posted on Saturday, 28 October, 2017 - 09:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

LRF 30305 1977 Silver Wraith II

gordon le feuvre
Prolific User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 220
Posted on Monday, 30 October, 2017 - 09:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Randy, really hope enclosed comes out/makes sense! I assume your car is RHD but the actual colours do not change in/out of distribution valves, only pipe routing between LH and RH

Martin Taylor
Prolific User
Username: martin_taylor

Post Number: 108
Posted on Tuesday, 31 October, 2017 - 07:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have replaced the colour tubing on mine with coloured cable ties as each item has been serviced, cheap and will hopefully last forever

Randy Roberson
Grand Master

Post Number: 788
Posted on Tuesday, 31 October, 2017 - 09:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have an assortment of electrical tape in appropriate colors which shoukd work nicely. Your Idea is good also as I am certain they will last.The

Alan Dibley
Prolific User
Username: alsdibley

Post Number: 105
Posted on Tuesday, 31 October, 2017 - 06:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I commend Martin's method. Mine have lasted for 14 years and are still coloured and secure Two wraps round the pipes not one, for me.

Alan D.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: