How to remove door solenoid from rear... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » How to remove door solenoid from rear door? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stefan Ihnat
Experienced User
Username: stefan87

Post Number: 34
Posted on Saturday, 21 October, 2017 - 05:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello,

I need remove door selenoid from right rear door. I unscrew all screw, but selenoid still hanging on the locking mechanism.

I was galloping with my hand and I could not find any screws anywhere.

Thank you for your tip.

gordon le feuvre
Prolific User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 218
Posted on Saturday, 21 October, 2017 - 07:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Stefan, chassis number would help. Generally, solenoid linkage is held onto lock mechanism by a small plastic clip. the end of rod is bent right angle and just pushed through plastic clip. It just needs screw driver to release.

Stefan Ihnat
Experienced User
Username: stefan87

Post Number: 36
Posted on Saturday, 21 October, 2017 - 07:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My chassis number is SRH17630.

Thank you for you information. I'll try it.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1920
Posted on Saturday, 21 October, 2017 - 08:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I HATE the double click to post on this forum :-(

long story short . . if you have the front door trim off have a look at the bottom there to familiarise yourself with how it works.

If not mark and take off the interior release handle and have a look at the clip there. Should be the same.

There is a small hole in the door almost in line with the linkage & pivot. . . helpful to get it back in.

The whole pivot is located in similar clips so just tugging may release the wrong one.

There may well be pain involved. Have fun :-)

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User
Username: kelly_opfar

Post Number: 187
Posted on Sunday, 22 October, 2017 - 07:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Since I am removing the locking solenoids from my parts car to send to Stefan, I took a few pics to document the process.
On the rear door, the solenoids are bolted on an angle to the black brace with three screws and nuts.
door bracket
Undo these screws and the solenoid will hang from a rod. While not strictly necessary, it may be easier to remove the bracket altogether after unscrewing the solenoid.
door bracket removed
This will give plenty of room to reach up and remove the clip. Paul is right about the rod being bent at a 90° angle and passing through a clip, but the clip may tend to break if you're not careful - and maybe even if you are careful. There is another clip between the solenoid and the upper rod.
You can simply remove this horseshoe clip with a tiny screwdriver or pair of pliers and leave the top of the rod in place.
solenoid with clip
Kelly
BritishToolWorks.com

George Taylor
Yet to post message
Username: jocksrr

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2018 - 09:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,I have just purchased my 1979 shadow11 .loving it. We have a few issues? Door locking switch not operating as it should,interior light not working..( could be fuses? Yet to locate fuse box. Time to show and tell. I live Queensland ozz.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 2029
Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2018 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Welcome and enjoy :D

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: