How to mount Pioneer cassette player Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » How to mount Pioneer cassette player « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stefan Ihnat
Experienced User
Username: stefan87

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, 11 October, 2017 - 05:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello,

when I bought mine silver shadow, there is no radio and no player.

For several months I had been looking for something that was right in my car on ebay.

The radio slides into the slot between the seats.

I have this cassette player.

It looks like it should only be held by the mothers that are on both switches. I have such a bracket there.

I do not see anywhere else where to hold anything.

Is there any missing bracket?

In addition, the size of those holes does not fit in order to get the nuts I have to enlarge them.

I will be happy for any photo or advice! There is nothing in the manual

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1818
Posted on Wednesday, 11 October, 2017 - 08:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Stefan

In my car the radio is supported at the rear, however I cannot give details of the support brackets as I have never actually removed the radio.

Check out section M15 of the workshop manual - there are details there on the brackets.

Geoff

Steve Emmott
Experienced User
Username: steve_e

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, 07 December, 2018 - 09:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I know it is an old thread, but 15 years in South France with just a dial up connection I am finally able to use a decent broadband connection now repatriated back to UK. However struggling to get used to the wet and cold UK weather so enjoying rather than working on my cars in the garage I am sitting in my nice warm house with a nice cup of Yorkshire tea reading all the posts on this forum.

It is a shame though as I read through the threads how many don't seem to actually get closure responses so when anyone else searches and finds the thread there are plenty of really useful responses from the wealth of knowledge of members but a conclusion would always be helpful as to what particularly ended up fixing problems.

Anyway regarding the bracket here is a picture of what it should look like and the extended bolts that it is fitted with actually do appear to be in the background of Stefan's picture looking through the open aperture.

The bracket would be simple to make as I remade a bespoke one when I fitted a PYE cassette player instead of the 8 track player radio unit.

The radio control knob fittings however do also serve to hold the front burr wood panel in place at the top but if the wood is shortened to install a different type of unit as the holes do not line up I am sure some velcro would suffice to hold the top of the wood in place.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: