Any connection? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Any connection? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Francis
Prolific User
Username: jackpot

Post Number: 170
Posted on Wednesday, 20 September, 2017 - 04:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi guys
I have an intermittent fault where my bonnet light and clock sometimes stop working. They stop and start at the same time, and only those two items are affected, other items on the same fuse lines are not affected.
It is baffling me. Anyone have any ideas? Do they have a common feed somewhere?
Thanks

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1855
Posted on Wednesday, 20 September, 2017 - 07:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Poor fuse connection I would go for first. Internally and externally. If it's a glass one with soldered ends make sure the solder looks complete. Think the cigar lighters and interior lights may be on the same fuse though?

Patrick Francis
Prolific User
Username: jackpot

Post Number: 172
Posted on Thursday, 21 September, 2017 - 05:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Paul, That's what I thought originally, but everything else on the fuse works.
It is fuse number 1 which controls cigarette lighters interior lights etc etc.

I was going to take the fuse box apart and have a look behind it, but before I do, my question to the cognoscenti please is:

Fuse number 1 controls many things, including the bonnet light and clock, but where do all the various things split up from the fuse connection.

Is there only one cable that is connected to the fuse which then leads to a "buzz bar" or similar where all the cables from the various things are connected? Or are all the cables connected to the fuse behind the fuseboard?

Am I explaining myself?

Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: