What Relays Are These? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » What Relays Are These? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2398
Posted on Tuesday, 05 September, 2017 - 08:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have pored over the electrical chapters of the workshop manual (TSD4200) but could not seem to lay eyes on this set of relays in a component location diagram.

Any assistance appreciated.

RH Relays

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2399
Posted on Tuesday, 05 September, 2017 - 08:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It looks like these could be the wiper relays, that are shown in the component location diagram as they are arranged in the RHD cars.

I have yet to tease out which number relay each is in the component location diagram (122, 130, and 131).

ross kowalski
Grand Master
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 535
Posted on Tuesday, 05 September, 2017 - 08:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian,

Maybe a wire color search from the relay coil wires.

The three relays I see there all have black / earthing wires on the top two terminals so those are likely c1 and c2. I can't see exactly what is there for the power wires to those relays. Looks like two green with white tracer on one, green with no tracer on the second and green with black tracer on the third.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2400
Posted on Tuesday, 05 September, 2017 - 08:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross,

I was (and still am) looking at the wiring diagram to figure out which relay is which.

Over time I like to put labels on these things as I have to work in the general area.

This is one of those times when the Workshop Manual does not include a RHD versus LHD component diagram, which it very often does.

Brian

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2403
Posted on Thursday, 07 September, 2017 - 07:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well, it's now definite that these are wiper relays and which is which.

I am posting the picture again, with updated annotations and a method you can use to quickly identify which is which. This is based on the wiring diagrams for the two-series cars. I did not check to see if this is the same in the one-series Workshop Manual

Wiper Relays Annotated

Brian

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: