1967 Shadow Front Calipers vs 1978 Sh... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » 1967 Shadow Front Calipers vs 1978 Shadow Calipers « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 51
Posted on Friday, 07 July, 2017 - 01:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Will the front calipers from a 1967 Shadow fit a 1978 Shadow? I think I know the answer but want to be sure!

Thanks!

Richard

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1829
Posted on Friday, 07 July, 2017 - 04:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Not as standard. Ventilated discs are fitted to later cars.

This certainly involved a sandwich plate being fitted in between the calliper halves to widen the gap.

I can not confirm if the two halves are identical otherwise though and the plate could just be removed. Shorter bolts would be needed.

Paul - is the last sentence back to front?

I would expect the early callipers require the spacer to clear the thicker ventilated disk fitted to the later cars.

David

Jim Walters
Prolific User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 113
Posted on Saturday, 08 July, 2017 - 03:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The short answer is no, not without some work and parts from the 78 calipers. The caliper halves are identical though. The 67 calipers would only fit the 78 IF you took the bolts and spacers out of the 78 ones and reassembled the 67 ones with the spacers and longer bolts, using new square seals between the halves and spacers.

SRH8505 SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1830
Posted on Saturday, 08 July, 2017 - 03:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Misread which way they were going . . Sorry.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1475
Posted on Saturday, 08 July, 2017 - 06:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

will the vented disks fit a 67 shad?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: