Carb Set Up From Scratch Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Carb Set Up From Scratch « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1208
Posted on Monday, 29 May, 2017 - 04:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear All,
I have taken my twin SU carbs off and have replaced floats and float covers. The old covers were bowed. The car is a 78 Wraith II making the SUs HIF6 units.

Now that it has been torn apart and rebuilt I want to use my recently acquired damper-lift-measuring gauges courtesy of Mr Opfar.

I want to get it right with respect to the sequence of activities. Where does one start? my mixtures are out, as are my idling settings and synchronisation.

So gents - what is step 1, and then 2 and so on......

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User
Username: kelly_opfar

Post Number: 172
Posted on Monday, 29 May, 2017 - 08:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar, I would think your Wraith has HIF7's. This video might not answer all of your questions but I send it to everyone that buys a sync kit from me. It shows many SU adjustments but also shows how the sync kit works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ih5h1J-AN4

BritishToolWorks.com

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1209
Posted on Monday, 29 May, 2017 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry -- yes HIF7s of course!!
Thanks for the link Kelly.
Do you know of any videos for the HIF7s?
thanks

Omar

gordon le feuvre
Prolific User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 191
Posted on Wednesday, 31 May, 2017 - 04:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar, go into tec. library. Full section covering Shadow 11 hif carbs, stripping set up etc. Very comprehensive-and it works if followed!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: