RR363 - The Truth At Last Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » RR363 - The Truth At Last « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 646
Posted on Thursday, 17 March, 2005 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

With thank and acknowledgement to David Gore.

The following statement from Castrol is most welcome.

I hope that readers will observe the reason why so many of us will not switch to another fluid in a hurry as it is safety relevant.

All that grandstanding by ficticious or real individuals that RR363 is just DOT 3/4, and that they have a confidential analysis that may not be disclosed, are instantly dismissed by the site David has provided.

What is really important is the confirmation that RR363 contains castor oil for lubrication. The other additives are not mentioned (solubility enhancers, inhibitors etc), so let's not rush out and make home brew !

http://129.35.64.91/bpglis/lubtds.nsf/technicaldata/1E47A7DC647B628B80256C4E005B8146?OpenDocument

RT.

application/octet-stream
RR363.doc (40.4 k)

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 647
Posted on Thursday, 17 March, 2005 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Right click to save or open on a clearer application if your resolution is poor.

Gordon Norris
Frequent User
Username: crewes_missile

Post Number: 82
Posted on Friday, 18 March, 2005 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Er, Richard, you're slipping!

This is the same document I posted last week under the "NEW RR363" thread on 11 March 9:34pm, including the weblink. It's accessed from the UK Castrol website to a french Castrol link. You must have missed my postings.

GN.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 648
Posted on Friday, 18 March, 2005 - 06:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

OK, Gordon,

Quite correct.

There is a context to consider however.

Have a look at Swammelstein.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 367
Posted on Friday, 18 March, 2005 - 06:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ignore the twit on the Swamm site.He has indeed an illness,note how his postings are getting longer more rambling on.

Now the RR363 i would like to know if it really is going to be discontinued before i go to LHM with my SS1.
Mark Peacock have you completed your conversion to LHM yet?

Gordon Norris
Frequent User
Username: crewes_missile

Post Number: 85
Posted on Saturday, 19 March, 2005 - 08:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Is this really J. D. doing this on Swamm? I don't have the experience of him as you do Richard and Pat, and there was obviously some conflict between you, but he didn't strike me as the sort of person to go to these lengths...or maybe I'm just naive and too generous in trying to see the good in people...the Swammelstein fiasco is very sad indeed...

GN.

William H. Trovinger II
Prolific User
Username: bill_trovinger

Post Number: 184
Posted on Saturday, 19 March, 2005 - 08:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gordon;

Without a doubt. If you have any question in the matter just go back and look at this sites archives.

Best regards,
Bill

PS Sorry I haven't been around, too much going on here.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 370
Posted on Saturday, 19 March, 2005 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gordon,It certanly is J G Dare with his sad brain.
He has tried many times to hijack the topics and in a few cases succeeded.
He has sent my mind going in all directions to the point of saying things that i have regretted later.
My goodness i would not want to be the judge in a court of law listening to his clever rubbish, i would sort him out and be out of there in a flash!

William T,pleased that you are ok as i maybe thought the "cupping" was more severe and had had a misshap!

William H. Trovinger II
Prolific User
Username: bill_trovinger

Post Number: 185
Posted on Saturday, 19 March, 2005 - 02:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick;

Thank you, for the concern. However, for tyres to cup them must wear which means contact with pavement. This winter no such luck only snow, snow and more snow (if this was not a public forum I would use a few other words for that white stuff) . Needless to say SRE23726 is still in hibernation and as we had another 4” to 5” this am and will be getting another 6” to 10” by late tomorrow, she will most likely not be out even for Easter.

Kindest regards,
Bill

Mark Peacock
Prolific User
Username: takemehomejames

Post Number: 56
Posted on Thursday, 24 March, 2005 - 06:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Pat, i think while my distribution valves on my SS2 are ok, im not going to replace the System with LHM. As the Dist valves are rather pricey !!,
So, when they go , i might consider it..
The cost to replace is more than the fluid for the next 20 years !!

Mark

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 383
Posted on Friday, 25 March, 2005 - 05:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Mark correct me if i am wrong but i thought the
distribution valves were just plungers of fine tollerance within the bodys with no seals.
Congratulations on your new arrival.
Mine are all grown up.

Mark Peacock
Prolific User
Username: takemehomejames

Post Number: 57
Posted on Wednesday, 06 April, 2005 - 08:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Pat, sorry for the late delay !!
Your definately not wrong with the Dist Valves,
i thought it would only make sense to change them due to age , murphy's law would have them starting to leak just after id just re-installed the box that surround the valves after i'd bled them.
If i was to change over (to LHM), it would have to be a thorough upgrade, replace all parts no stone unturned !.

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 182
Posted on Wednesday, 06 April, 2005 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I deleted my original posting here as it was way too long. There is an interesting argument going on at the Silver Shadow Forum on the Marinus Rijkers site under the heading of RR 363 Substitutive (Their words, not mine).Just visit:-

http://www.rrsilvershadow.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

If you want to join in the affray, I suggest you wear protective headgear, mouthguards and kneepads.