Headlamp flash stalk- what does yours... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Headlamp flash stalk- what does yours do? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

luke vero
New User
Username: britcorniche

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, 31 March, 2017 - 08:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All, i have an 81 usa spec corniche. The headlamp flash stalk has never worked. The fuses are all ok (just double checked) and the floor mounted dipswitch works fine cycling through dip and main with lights on. Page 34 of manual states;
THE FOLLOWING IS NOT APPLICABLE TO CARS DESTINED FOR THE USA AND CANADA; To flash the headlamps , draw the lever towards the steering wheel.
im trying to acertain if this action should work in my car for UK mot. It sailed through last year with lights as is. (cant get to that garage this year) . Finally does anyone know where that relay position is ? if infact my car has the circuit. thanks in advance

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1357
Posted on Saturday, 01 April, 2017 - 02:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Floor dip switches are OK for UK mot.

Headlamp flasher is not a MOT requirement.

Note that no where in the UK highway code does it mention headlamp flash as a signal to other drivers. because the headlamp flash is ambiguous and means pass or warning.

luke vero
New User
Username: britcorniche

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, 01 April, 2017 - 08:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Robert, thanks for that info. Well she passed her MOT with flying colours yesterday afternoon . Incidentally the workshop manuals say relay number 28 (headlamp flasher) is deleted on USA on Canada cars. I had a couple advisories - tighten front wheel bearings - and a screw in rear tyre- both to sorted soon. Happy motoring!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1308
Posted on Saturday, 01 April, 2017 - 09:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Luke.

Most flashers work at anytime even without the key on. However my Shadow the ignition needs to be on for the flash to work.

I thought I would mention this, just in case you were trying to flash them without the ignition on or the engine running

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1358
Posted on Saturday, 01 April, 2017 - 09:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Luke,
make sure there is a small amount of play in the wheel bearings.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: