Shadow 11 Manual operation of aerial. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Shadow 11 Manual operation of aerial. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1170
Posted on Friday, 24 March, 2017 - 06:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

With the radio, turning power on off the aerial works automatically.
With the radio off should the manual aerial switch work? mine does not.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1774
Posted on Friday, 24 March, 2017 - 07:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Early shadow 2s had a manually switched aerial. Swiftly changed to an auto one. Yours must have been changed to the later type at some point.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1171
Posted on Friday, 24 March, 2017 - 08:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Paul mine is registered 1977, radio and tape player are matching German Blaupunkt, was that an original fitment.
Cripes looking up the cars details I see I have had it since 1998.
Never used it much.

Is the temp gauge showing normal or is it on the low side of things-------thermostat or sensor if not correct maybe,

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1775
Posted on Friday, 24 March, 2017 - 08:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Patrick, yes that all looks original.

The temp gauge is very lightly lower than intended, but not enough to worry about.

If you have been driving it around and it's not too hot where you are I would guess at a transmitter.

Might be easier to just take that into account if you ever see it right at the top of the white and worry a little sooner. If you see it going above what is 'normal for your car' then find out why.

Cheers, Paul.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2232
Posted on Saturday, 25 March, 2017 - 02:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That's where the temperature gauge rests on both my cars unless the outdoor temperature is on the very warm side and I'm driving slowly enough that there's no ram supply of fresh air to the radiator.

This looks like the same fitment of radio that I have on LRK37110 but I think your car has a cassette player while mine has an 8-track tape player. If you're interested in the original hang tags and other documentation related to this radio plus some other potentially useful documentation I scanned everything I got with LRK37110 and it's all in SW-II_Owner's_Handbook_&_Related_Docs folder on my Google Drive.

Brian

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1657
Posted on Saturday, 25 March, 2017 - 03:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for the documents Brian.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1176
Posted on Saturday, 25 March, 2017 - 03:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Paul and Brian for the info..

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: