Rear SeatBelts standard ? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Rear SeatBelts standard ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff Ford
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 161.114.228.150
Posted on Thursday, 24 February, 2005 - 03:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Does anyone know if rear seatbelts were standard on 1971 Silver Shadow. I'm starting down the path of replacing trims / seat leather. The rear setbelts are in bad shape and don't look original. I'm wondering if I need to replace them.

Thanks in advance..

(Message approved by david_gore)

John Aravanis
New User
Username: krug300

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, 27 February, 2005 - 04:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jeff, my 1970 Shadow (SRH8685) has the front belts as standard, and someone/sometime installed rear belts. They have plastic buckles and the retraction mechanism is obviously exposed on the rear "parcel shelf". I would like to get rid of them, but I don't know what to do with the marks/indentions that the mechanisms will leave on the shelf.
I am also looking for front buckles, the ones I have had the RR logo adhered on them, and it's not there anymore.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 397
Posted on Sunday, 27 February, 2005 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jeff, UK delivered DRH14434 [1973] only had front belts fitted as standard and rear lap belts had to be fitted on arrival in Australia in 1983 for registration in NSW.

(Message edited by david_gore on February 27, 2005)

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 329
Posted on Tuesday, 01 March, 2005 - 06:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jeff, my Shadow 1. 20/3/74 was delivered with just front seat belts,also the car is only fitted with headrests in the rear.
There is no provision for head rests in the front seats at all, [strange].