1985 White Spur on Carsales site Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » 1985 White Spur on Carsales site « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 699
Posted on Thursday, 09 February, 2017 - 05:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My bank manager dragged me from the teller line yesterday to inform me that $40,000 unsecured was mine. Lately I have to beat him off with a cricket bat yet only 3 months ago fortunately every shylock closed the loans window on my fingers.

Looking at this Spur at the moment with a view to buying so I can have something to drive on the weekends when I don't return home to my bush lair. This Spur will allow me to do the full King Billy at the ritzy Whitsunday venues and won't be as noticeable as my beloved cow smashing Ford Falcon Panel Van splattered with kangaroo blood and entrails. Strangely the cops often look and stare at the Pano then look the other way and pull up other cars. Perhaps its my hair.

I prefer the carburettor models to the fuel injection. Indeed, I am ripping the fuel injection off my 76 Cadillac as I prefer quick diagnosis of any potential failing to proceed caper.

As you are aware the esteemed moderator saved me from a ghastly black Spur and its sleazy Arthur Daley from the woodchipper. The car looked good in pics and video but was a horror story masquerading as Bambi when viewed in person. David's top shelf interrogation of the bloody mug and viewing of the black Spur revealed the dealer to be a lying swine with more excuses than a pregnant nun.

Thinking of spending loot to have Chapman's in Melbourne look at it for a full report with view to buy.

Madness I know to go into hock at 61 and debt free but the price of 32k for one of the last Spurs before fuel injection croaked the puppy seems a good step.

After early 86 my view is robust reliability with correct serving simply evaporated. I would like an Arnage at 180 mph but too many have appeared with monstrous engine problems accompanying hideous repair price predictions.

What do you all think? Clearly Omar is again responsible for my bizarre predicament and he knows it!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1038
Posted on Thursday, 09 February, 2017 - 07:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad,

Can you post a link to the car?

Grand Master

Post Number: 700
Posted on Thursday, 09 February, 2017 - 08:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick I am a computer,retard. Its the first Spur on Car sales.com.au

John Beech
Prolific User
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 190
Posted on Thursday, 09 February, 2017 - 08:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir, the white one listed for AUD$32k? Seems like a sweet example! That would be like USD$24k and seems fair if the car is immaculate. By the way, did you notice that 1983 limo? Seems like you should show that listing to Omar in return for the favor he's done you ;>)

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1040
Posted on Thursday, 09 February, 2017 - 09:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here it is.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Rolls-Royce-Silver-Spur-1985/OAG-AD-12819614/?Cr=0

I like the look and price of this one. It has SU's as well.
https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Rolls-Royce-Silver-Spur-1982/OAG-AD-14201296/?Cr=4

Grand Master

Post Number: 701
Posted on Thursday, 09 February, 2017 - 05:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Its been sold. Interestingly the dealer claimed in his advertising yap being a carburetter model it was not subject to water contamination in the fuel system unlike fuel injected systems.

Upon realizing that I was a genuine buyer he then tried to convince me that a fuel injected Spur he still has for sale was a better buy because its fuel injected, more efficient and economical. My claim that fuel injection requires more time to diagnose faults and has more items to go wrong was lost on him.

Immediately I realise that he is going to tell me anything to sell me a car. My opinion is a good Spur will sell itself.

My loathing of dealers has thus increased!

Alan Ford
Prolific User
Username: herne13

Post Number: 143
Posted on Thursday, 09 February, 2017 - 06:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Vladimir, that 1982 Spur looks very neat and tidy, ie probably well looked after also its keenly priced.
Although I am happy with my car I should have joined this forum before purchasing.....

Michael Carr
Experienced User
Username: carsie

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, 10 February, 2017 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"...more excuses than a pregnant nun"

You write well Vladimir- very enjoyable-thank you!

Oh..and good luck hunting in your Roo splattered Falcon Panel Van...very funny!

Best

Mike

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1067
Posted on Friday, 10 February, 2017 - 04:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Vlad,
After years of sorcery from thousands of miles away - the result has finally manifested itself. We have one more person infected with the car ownership disease.....
Buy the bugger mate!!!
You only live once - at 61 you are young enough to enjoy these toys - so do it.....
If the Spur is not Black then it will not quite be Vladimir - we need to source a black Spur for you.... I will see if I can dig out a photo of my old black spur that I absolutely loved in the 90s. It was a pleasure to drive a Rolls-Royce that was at that time a current shape car!! They are wonderful machines mate.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1068
Posted on Friday, 10 February, 2017 - 04:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Couldnt find the black one - but here is the blue one that I bought a few years after I sold the black one. I had to sell this car to pay for my wife's new kitchen in 2003.... it was heart breaking!!

Tony Taylor
New User
Username: ajt

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, 10 February, 2017 - 05:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This would have to be one of the best threads for quite a while. Cheers to all. Carless but hoping.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1053
Posted on Friday, 10 February, 2017 - 07:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I look forward to the next Vlad tirade at who is in his sights at the time, who has pissed him off that day, or memories of Soviet Russia and their cars and bad drivers or his relationships.
I sit in my seat reading and nearly laughing out loud!
My wife constantly asks "is Vlad on a roll again"
"Yes dear" is always the answer.

One could write a book from all this.

Anyone got a good title?

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1054
Posted on Friday, 10 February, 2017 - 07:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,
That is a stunning Spur.

I'd cry to giving that up.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1071
Posted on Saturday, 11 February, 2017 - 02:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We all sit here poised for the next Vlad rant....
He must be the spice of the forum!!
or should we refer to our dear Vlad as the Vodka of the forum?
The book Patrick????

lets us have a go.....

Sex and Guns and Rock and Rolls...........

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: