Corniche heater fan help and Hello Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Corniche heater fan help and Hello « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

luke vero
Yet to post message
Username: britcorniche

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, 02 December, 2016 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

First of all a big thanks for all the info on this forum, Ive been searching and fixing issues on my 74 shadow for many years. More recently Ive been lucky enough to buy my dream Rolls a 1982 American spec Silver Corniche convertible in lovely shape with low miles (39,000).Ive recently had the heater fans fail on all positions, low/high and defrost and pressing the vent does nothing. I can hear the servos are not working either. Ive checked all the fuses including the one in engine bay bulk head under plastic cover and under dash marked aircon. Can anyone help where to start- Could this be a relay issue and if so where is it situated. thanks in advance

Jeff Young
Prolific User
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 284
Posted on Friday, 02 December, 2016 - 02:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Luke,

In some modes the fans won't come on unless the lower quantity flap is open. On a RHD car the servo for the lower quantity flap is under the steering column -- as is a little mircoswitch that tells the system it is open. Don't know if it switches side on LHD or not.

If you can find it, try pressing in the microswitch and see if the fans come on.

Cheers,
Jeff.

luke vero
New User

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, 03 December, 2016 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

And a pic of the old girl with the kids before the weather in England plunged to sub zero!

Britcorniche

luke vero
New User

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, 03 December, 2016 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Jeff. I can see the round servo motor that controls heater flap- one on both sides of car I think. This can be moved from on to off (was open) but has no effect. I'm sure I used to hear the relay when switching heater on (as with headlamps and dip main etc) but its now silent. I think the relay must be one of set behind knee roll on my drivers side.

Jeff Young
Prolific User
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 287
Posted on Saturday, 03 December, 2016 - 02:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Luke,

If you can see one on both sides of the car, that sounds more like the air recirculation flaps. Here's a picture of the lower quantity vent flap actuator with its microswitch:

flat actuator

Pushing the button in on that microswitch may (or may not) change something.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: