Chapters S9 thru S15 of TSD4200 - has... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Chapters S9 thru S15 of TSD4200 - has anyone got them? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2095
Posted on Sunday, 13 November, 2016 - 02:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I may have asked this at some time in the past. I long ago downloaded all of TSD4200 that is available in the SY section of rrtechnical.info. However, Chapter S is, and remains as of today, incomplete. It ends with what I imagine is the last page of Chapter S8, but the rest of the entirety of Chapter S is missing.

Does anyone have either scanned copy of a full Chapter S or just the S9 through S15 part, or would be willing to loan hard copy of that part of Chapter S for me to scan (which, of course, I would gladly pay postage for and would return promptly after scanning)?

Brian

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2302
Posted on Sunday, 13 November, 2016 - 06:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian,

Yes, you have raised this problem in this Forum previously.......

I have two separate copies of TSD4200 including an encrypted original - both copies end at Section S8 page 20.

I checked the title page and Issue Record Sheet for Section S in the encrypted version of TSD4200 and found the following note which I reproduce verbatim:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE!
Although the Body Chapter Table of Contents lists fifteen (15) sections, Rolls-Royce Motors Limited only reproduced the first eight (8) sections in the printed manual. The reason is not clearly known. As such, Sections S9 through S15 do not appear in this document. These "missing" sections are available in the Silver Shadow 1 Workshop Manual."

TSD2476 is available for downloading from the Technical Library if you do not already have a copy. The missing sections are in Chapter S Sections S2 and S5 to S11 inclusive.

I trust this information brings a conclusion for your problem.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2096
Posted on Monday, 14 November, 2016 - 03:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

Thanks. I do not recall having heard the piece of information you give in that notice prior to now.

Given the content of those chapters I presumed that there would be little to no change for the SY2 cars, but didn't want to go strictly on that presumption.

I have downloaded virtually all of the content from the Technical Library over time so that I have access to it when not connected to the web and also so I could OCR process a number of the older scans that had been done as image scans.

It might be a good idea to make a header page with that notice and tack it on to the beginning of Chapter S in the version of TSD4200 that's in the Technical Library. That's really useful information to have, and I've seen inserted pages in a number of the technical documents when they're needed for clarity.

Brian

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1467
Posted on Monday, 14 November, 2016 - 04:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Brian

I have checked my archive but all 4200 copies I have finish at S8. This includes the CD copy I bought many years ago, unrelated to the Technical Library.

If you would like a copy of this, to add to your archive, let me know and I'll mail you a DVD copy (1.03 Gbytes)

Geoff

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 902
Posted on Monday, 14 November, 2016 - 05:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Brian,
I have TSD 2476 and that has a big Chapter S. In fact it is 126 pages long.
I also have TSD 2205 and that has a 45 page chapter S.

If you look at these two documents - they certainly apply to Shadow I and II for the majority of their contents.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2097
Posted on Monday, 14 November, 2016 - 08:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Geoff & Omar,

It's pretty well confirmed now that TSD 4200 (SY2 Workshop Manual) was "officially truncated" and that one should make reference to the missing sections by looking at the ones in TSD 2476 (SY1 Workshop Manual). The chapters themselves do not map one-to-one with regard to number within Chapter S, but the titles do with the exception of "Interior Trim" (SY2) being "Miscellaneous Trim" (SY1).

Omar, what is TSD 2205? I am unfamiliar with that technical service document.

Brian

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 908
Posted on Tuesday, 15 November, 2016 - 05:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Brian,
TSD 2205 is the 1965 edition of the Silver Shadow workshop manual.
Thanks
Omar

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: