My engine rebuild. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » My engine rebuild. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ben Curtis
Experienced User
Username: burgundyben

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, 05 October, 2016 - 06:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Stonehenge was built faster than progress with my car...

I now have a pair of heads, skimmed, valves lapped in, new stem seals. Assembled. Ready to fit.

Next I need to prep the block for the chap that's going to pull the liners and replace the seals.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 544
Posted on Wednesday, 05 October, 2016 - 07:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sounds like a plan Ben.

Looking forward to hear or see your progress here mate.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1436
Posted on Wednesday, 05 October, 2016 - 08:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ben

I'll second Patrick. It's always interesting to see commentary and pics, so if you have time to put them up I know a lot of us would be interested to see them.

Regards

Geoff

ross kowalski
Prolific User
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 146
Posted on Wednesday, 05 October, 2016 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ben,

Third that on pictures.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 850
Posted on Thursday, 06 October, 2016 - 04:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Whoever pulls the liners better know what they are doing or you could lose your block for scrap. Please heed this caution. There have been many a block cracked as a consequence of liners being pulled.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1151
Posted on Thursday, 06 October, 2016 - 05:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar's warning must be heeded. A read of Tee one Topics and the workshop manual is a must.

only alternate liners can pulled otherwise the main bearing bridges will snap and scrap the block. The shop must be made aware of this.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: