Silver Shadow Front Door Alignment Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Silver Shadow Front Door Alignment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Barry Ross
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.59.113.130
Posted on Thursday, 13 January, 2005 - 04:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can anyone tell me the best way to adjust the Front Passenger Door Alignment on My Silver Shadow (19270) to stop the wind noise. It aligns at the front but it is protruding at the back about 2-3 mm and is also down about 2 mm. I have read horror stories of doors that don’t open ever again so is there a recommended procedure? All the other doors line up so I think the body is reasonably straight.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 367
Posted on Friday, 14 January, 2005 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Barry,

Alignment details are as below - suggest you mark location and remove striker plate from centre pillar before aligning door to dimensions shown then refit striker plate and carefully attempt to close door but do not force it onto plate - use reference marks on door edge/door pillar to calculate position of striker plate and adjust until door closes smoothly and does not ride up or down as the lock engages. A couple of helpers and packing to support the door during the alignment process is essential.

Shadow Door Alignment - 4 Door cars to Serial Number 30000

Shadow Door Alignment - 2 Door cars to Serial Number 30000

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 225
Posted on Friday, 14 January, 2005 - 05:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The front hinges need to possibly be slackened, mark before hand and support the wieght of the door to lign up.

Regarding the wind noise look on this tec forum under "front door secondary seals" by R.Treacy.

Rick Hill
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 68.111.138.103
Posted on Friday, 11 November, 2005 - 01:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Check the roller bit on the latching spindle on the door itself. It may be gone...as was mine, meaning that the door will not fully close.

Good luck!

Rick
69 SSI SRX7078

(Message approved by david_gore)