Bresco Clips Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Bresco Clips « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris Miller
Grand Master
Username: cjm51213

Post Number: 427
Posted on Wednesday, 27 July, 2016 - 04:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Folks,

I have some missing clips:

Bresco Interior Trim Panel Clip

I think I have a suitable alternative: Interior Trim Panel Clips

Side by Side

Overlay

So far, they are suitable because I can fit them into the slots on the trim panels and they seem to work. I can see that the "knee" is farther away from the head and the neck is narrower, but this can be "corrected" by expanding the circular head. So far, my experience is that they work. I'd be interested to hear if my experience can be generalized. Please post your successes and modifications to the clips necessary to achieve those successes.

Chris.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1600
Posted on Wednesday, 27 July, 2016 - 04:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The correct ones are available. Can't beat them :-)

Chris Miller
Grand Master
Username: cjm51213

Post Number: 429
Posted on Wednesday, 27 July, 2016 - 05:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

These cost $.07, and the Bresco clips cost £0.62 before international shipping... That's a factor of 9 in just the cost.

Of course. For you, Paul, price is no object because you simply pass the cost on. I think part of the fun is economical solutions.

Chris.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1601
Posted on Wednesday, 27 July, 2016 - 05:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

9 x the cost is True Chris, but 9 x next to nothing is next to nothing.

I do have an ever decreasing jam jar that gets filled up from time to time. Bad news for me though. . . I rarely charge them out.

I am a little sad I guess, in so far as it gives me a great joy to take something apart and find everything is correct and as it left the factory.

I actually shed a tear recently. Some savage had glued plastic Christmas tree type clips onto the door pad.

WWWWHHHHHYYYYYYY ??????

:-)

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1323
Posted on Wednesday, 27 July, 2016 - 05:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I agree with Paul. My experience is when you remove a panel most of the clips are ok anyway, so you generally only need a few. I'm entirely happy to pay Flying Spares for keeping a supply of originals. It's not the parts you are paying for, but the overheads.

Geoff

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2134
Posted on Wednesday, 27 July, 2016 - 08:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"I agree with Paul. My experience is when you remove a panel most of the clips are ok anyway, so you generally only need a few. I'm entirely happy to pay Flying Spares for keeping a supply of originals. It's not the parts you are paying for, but the overheads.

Geoff"

The overhead cost also includes an allowance for the stockist having to buy them in bulk and then having to keep them on the shelf usually for many years as they are sold in small quantities and considerable time can elapse between customer orders.

In my experience, this cost is usually significantly more than the initial cost of the part.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: