Three Problems with air conditioning,... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Three Problems with air conditioning, loud engine and electrician. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rafal Lesiak
Yet to post message
Username: rlesiak

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 17 July, 2016 - 06:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello,
I have three problems, air conditioning, loud engine and electrician.
Maybe some of you had such problems with their Rolls Royce Silver Shadow II and can share information as it could be?

1. When I started my RR in the garage and the air conditioning is set to AUTO is pretty cool in the cabin. I drive car about 20-30 minutes and I turn off the air conditioning on or off the dam on Low to begin to have problems. The cabin goes warm, hot air or ventilation do not work longer face but only his feet or not at all is received into the cabin cold air. The compressor is crammed, tube compressor almost freeze and frost on them and heat the cold does not go to the cabin. I shake my upper and loweer temp and nothing is too can not. - What could it be ??? - Is there a problem with the separation of the air unless ????
2. The engine works a little louder as the typewriter after adding the gas pedal and gently shakes and even idling engine. Candles were not exchanged for 5 years. Some say that the candles are not running on all cylinders, and others say with a gasket exhaust manifold and the engine block ????
3. How do I stand on the lights on the street and I switched direction he stops and flashes and shines on constantly. How do I add a gas pedal begins to blink normally. Is there a problem with load current - Does anyone so too had once ???
I'm very please help me about this problem, maybe even someone had the same problems with their Rolls Royce Silver Shadow II. Thank you very much for any info!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 724
Posted on Sunday, 17 July, 2016 - 07:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Rafal,
We want to help you but you will need to help us first.
You need to describe the problems for us to properly understand each one of them. Right now, I find it difficult to understand exactly what you are trying to communicate to us. For example, you use the word candles. I dont actually know what that means.
May I suggest you get a friend to help you communicate the three problems one at a time and then repost your questions? we will then be in a better position to advise you. We are looking forward to help you resolsve your Rolls-Royce problems.
Best Regards
Omar

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 562
Posted on Sunday, 17 July, 2016 - 08:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar I think that question Two should read that after starting the engine and applying the accelerator the engine shakes even when idling the plugs haven't been changed for five years and might not be working on all cylinders and that the manifold gaskets might need replaced.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 563
Posted on Sunday, 17 July, 2016 - 08:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Question Three is that when the indicators are selected that it flashes normally then it remains light but stops flashing and that if the accelerator is used it starts to flash normally.

Richard.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 322
Posted on Sunday, 17 July, 2016 - 08:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Question #3 could be a defective flasher unit that is not cycling properly, perhaps bad connections. Remove and reinsert. Is it hot to the touch? Perhaps on the verge of going bad entirely and the additional voltage from accelerating the engine "kicks" it back into operation. Especially if it stops flashing again when the RPMs drop back to idle. Just a theory.

Question #2 sounds like ignition diagnostics and tune up time has arrived?

Rafal Lesiak
New User
Username: rlesiak

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, 17 July, 2016 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard George Yeaman this is 100% this problem.
I'm sorry for my english, but this is Spark Plug, not candles :-)
Direction problem, Richard understand in 100% my problem too.

I have to find a good mechanic in my town in Krakow (Poland) or the area and drive to repair my RR. There's no other way :-)

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1033
Posted on Monday, 18 July, 2016 - 03:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Candles !.

Twin wicks and racing flints.

First fit new set of plugs..

A bank or right hand side of engine easier than left bank.

The indicator flasher unit works on load. The more the amps the faster it goes. Check all light bulb holders for good connections.

Also a flasher relay that works independent of load is available.

Air con. Check the refrigerant level. And recharge system.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1581
Posted on Monday, 18 July, 2016 - 06:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi. Fit new spark plugs (candles?). That can only help and are relatively cheap.

You can have a blown exhaust gasket which will be noisey but not normally make the engine run rough.

Is the ice forming under the brake fluid tank? Or where it goes to the compressor?

The flashers may just be ghe flasher unit tired.

Where are you based? Sending parts from the UK is usually most simple.

Jonas TRACHSEL
Frequent User
Username: jonas_trachsel

Post Number: 93
Posted on Monday, 18 July, 2016 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I do not know about Polish, but in German "Kerze" is the same word for candle and spark plug.
What a very international bunch we are...
Jonas from Switzerland

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1582
Posted on Monday, 18 July, 2016 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good job it's a V8. . .
The two Ronnies would have a field day with a 4 cylinder. ;)

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1034
Posted on Tuesday, 19 July, 2016 - 05:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

And fork handles.

When original load type flasher relays slow down as Paul Yorke said likely due to tired relay. I prefer to fit a modern unit from a modern car like my Jeep one.

The original relay is clipped to something that acts as a sound board to amplify the click. Often I find the relay just dangling on the wires and a quiet click. I like my clicks loud.

The Lucas load type relay is wired in series between the power source and the switch. And the switch then goes direct to the light bulbs.
LED bulbs can't be used with a load type relay.

Where as the modern type of transistorised relay will work LED bulbs.
Easiest modern relay is the 3 terminal type. This fits in series with the 3rd terminal being an earth.

Some have 4th terminal which power in. This relay is on all the time the ignition is on and lies dormant until indicators are used.

I suggest new plugs because they are a service item and a professional mechanic would just change them as a matter of course.

Used Plugs should be coffee coloured. Black means rich white means weak and oily black means burning oil.

To clean plugs, heat up the electrodes to 800c. Wire brushing or media blasting will damage the central insulator and cause misfiring a few 1000 miles later. So best to fit new NGK candles.

The air con is best checked first by the air con shop, then you will know exactly whats wrong. It could be a control problem.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 565
Posted on Tuesday, 19 July, 2016 - 06:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jonas if web were starting a new company we would have to include the word GLOBAL in it somewhere LOL!!

Richard.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: