EBay Item Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » EBay Item « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 313
Posted on Thursday, 14 July, 2016 - 06:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents.
I haven't seen one of these kits on eBay before.
Seems a reasonable price.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ROLLS-ROYCE-SILVER-SHADOW-BRAKE-HOSE-KIT-RHD-/321943990541?hash=item4af55b710d:g:iYMAAOSwfZ1WaCIK

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1307
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2016 - 01:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Patrick

Seller is Flying Spares. Looks like they are using ebay as another sales outlet. The price is consistent with their web site offerings.

Geoff

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1579
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2016 - 05:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Get 13 hoses, not 10.

3 for the Height Control system.

PM me for a price if you like.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 315
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2016 - 07:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Gents.
Im not after any, I just put this up as I have never seen this on eBay before. Just found it interesting.
There was a private seller selling a set of for over $500 as well.

Mark Luft
Experienced User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, 01 March, 2017 - 09:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

For all the Shadow and T owners, I thought you might like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolls-Royce-SILVER-SHADOW-Confidential-Faults-diagnosis-booklet-CREWE-works-copy-/391713351703?hash=item5b33ef6817:g:BLwAAOSwKfVXH4ug

gordon le feuvre
Prolific User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 170
Posted on Wednesday, 01 March, 2017 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Interesting, I attended 10day course on Shadow at R-R School of Instruction early 1967, never saw one of these!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1177
Posted on Wednesday, 01 March, 2017 - 05:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Interesting item Gordon.
Good find

Jonas TRACHSEL
Prolific User
Username: jonas_trachsel

Post Number: 121
Posted on Wednesday, 01 March, 2017 - 07:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This would be a great addition to the online Technical Library
JoT

Alan Dibley
Experienced User
Username: alsdibley

Post Number: 44
Posted on Wednesday, 01 March, 2017 - 07:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No date quoted, but probably applies to early cars only (6.25litres and 4-speed....) , otherwise I would have bid. There were a lot of changes until my 1971 car.

Unless someone knows the date?

Alan D.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2454
Posted on Wednesday, 01 March, 2017 - 07:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry to be a pessimist - the "book" seems to be a compendium of the Troubleshooting pages from the related chapters of TSD2476.

Gordon,

As you attended the Shadow course in the early days of the models production, it is probable many of the faults/problems were yet to become apparent so they could not be documented until later in the Shadow era.

Chris Browne
Prolific User
Username: chrisb

Post Number: 268
Posted on Thursday, 02 March, 2017 - 08:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Gordon and everyone,

A few years ago, I purchased a folder of documents from E.Bay entitled Rolls-Royce Instruction School Notes and it is dated 24th of April, 1967. The original owner of the file was W.Grainger. Perhaps you and he were on the same course, Gordon? I have no idea how many courses they ran each year. The contents are fascinating and from the very early period of Shadows and T's.

Kind regards,

Chris

Alan Dibley
Experienced User
Username: alsdibley

Post Number: 45
Posted on Thursday, 02 March, 2017 - 07:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I questioned the seller. Dated 1967.

Alan D.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 524
Posted on Thursday, 02 March, 2017 - 08:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Am I not connecting the "dots" here? Given that the Shadow arrived in what, 1966, it seems odd/incredible that a sufficient amount of problems had ALREADY reared their ugly heads such as to be able to fill 90 pages with trouble shooting tips as quickly as early 1967 which, if true, gives the impression that the newly introduced design was simply crumbling within the VERY FIRST YEAR of use...a bit premature it would seem, or were the very first Shadows complete pieces of crap self-destructing upon hitting the roads?? I would think that trouble shooting tips would be the response to troubles that took considerable years and many miles of use to develop and create patterns of mechanical deficiencies and that any such "compendium" would not be created until AT LEAST 10 years or so down the line. A 1967 publication date just seems a bit early to me. Maybe truth really is stranger than fiction.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1749
Posted on Friday, 03 March, 2017 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I think it shows that Crewe cared.
Faced with a brand new car and a brand new fault a mechanic can takes hours looking and learning.
Why have every technician self learning learning instead of "learning from others mistakes" as it were.

Remember that years of testing went on. And knowledge gathered.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: