This will look good in the pool room Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » This will look good in the pool room « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 139
Posted on Monday, 02 May, 2016 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Not sure about the price??
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rolls-Royce-Silver-Shadow-69-Front-Of-Car-/172183889177?hash=item2816f5a519:g:acMAAOSwaZdXIYd-

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 471
Posted on Monday, 02 May, 2016 - 01:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes definitely - its essential !

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 141
Posted on Monday, 02 May, 2016 - 03:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I like the idea Vlad, but the price??

Jean-christophe Jost
Experienced User
Username: jc_jost

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, 02 May, 2016 - 05:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I love Ebay asking "Have one to sell ?"

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 472
Posted on Monday, 02 May, 2016 - 07:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well I suppose that depends on what the surrounding material is - the dark stuff and the quality of the frame. One would be wise to definitely have a look at it in person to make certain the frame and surround had some quality and substance to it.

If all the bright work is in good order one could assess the a good part of the retail value simply by using the price list of Flying Spares then calculating the GST and Freight to Australia.

Of course if you have lots of bucks like our beloved Cheshire Cat the Prime Minister then the asking price is neither here nor there but from an artistic point of view I think its really got something going for it. The same goes if you are the head man for Australia Post who whilst getting a tad under $5 million in his own pocket did us all a kind favour by raising the price of a local postage stamp by a mere 30 percent plus - pure genius and nice to see him helping out the kiddies and older postal friendly folk. These people are in the mega income world are different from us so one would expect their pools rooms to have some essential item like this as a matter of course.

Mind you, if you've been one of the naughty boys and your name is on the Tax Commissioner's s**t list following that Edward Snowdon type leak from the Panama law firm perhaps its not the wisest thing to have dangling off your lounge or pool room wall when the ATO comes early one morning to raid your document bin and to check out your toy list and collection.

Frankly I like it. But at present I am single and therefore have rights almost like an extinct attractive cuddly species. If you were married however you might be paying double the price in a Lagerfeld handbag or some other totally essential female item of apparel or another glittering finger stone. Egad !

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 142
Posted on Monday, 02 May, 2016 - 08:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad.
I love the item to.
That's why I posted it.
I would buy it in a heartbeat, but not at the asking price.
I'm at about $2500 plus shipping.
However, I would mount it directly onto the wall like it's coming out of it with no frame.
Plus wire it up so the lights worked as well.
I did a Tardis just like this for my daughter.
Frame is old fashioned, coming through the wall would look great in the right place.

Jeff Cheng
New User
Username: makeshift

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, 03 May, 2016 - 07:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Looks tacky by itself.
In a set of three with a Cloud, Shadow and Spirit? Now you're talking.

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 143
Posted on Tuesday, 03 May, 2016 - 07:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

NICE! Jeff.

Jonas TRACHSEL
Frequent User
Username: jonas_trachsel

Post Number: 84
Posted on Tuesday, 03 May, 2016 - 08:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I feel rather sad as one more Shadow is no longer on the roads....
Jonas

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 144
Posted on Tuesday, 03 May, 2016 - 09:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Let's hope Jonas, that the rest of the car was beyond help, and that her beautiful face has survived for many more years of admiring glances.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: