Marshall or Lucas Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Marshall or Lucas « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 116
Posted on Tuesday, 26 April, 2016 - 04:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents.
I have not been 100% happy with the Marshall fog lights on my car SRH12255 or their position.
However the original owner assures me this is how it was delivered in 72.
The build sheet does not show them, so I am guessing dealer fitment during the PD.

Looking on eBay over the weekend, I stumbled across this Rolls Royce factory brochure.
and look what I see.

Marshall fog lights on a Rolls Royce new car brochure.
Even though mine seem to be a slightly wider model, and are fitted a bit more outboard, there they are.
I'm guessing these were fitted this way on early Shadows as to not interrupt the airflow into the ankle freezer vents?

Anyone have any experience with Marshall fog lights on SSI's?

Of interest, Ford Mustang owners have offered me very good money for these lights.

Nick Adlam
Experienced User
Username: crewes_control

Post Number: 27
Posted on Tuesday, 26 April, 2016 - 05:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Pat, due to the very bespoke nature of our cars and the fact that small, continuous changes were made, I'd say your Marshalls are entirely original.
Personally, I prefer the cleaner-looking Lucas versions. These are on my car :-)

Maybe buy the Lucas first then sell the Marshalls to offset the expense. You're like me- when something plays on my mind, I just have to take action.

My 2c

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 118
Posted on Tuesday, 26 April, 2016 - 09:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Nick.

I like the Lucas as well, the only issue I have is if I change them, they will need to be central mounted, as I have never seen Lucas fog lights mounted to the sides before. Then I have a hole to fill and painting to be done.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: