'77 Wraith II Fuel Gauge Troubleshoot... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » '77 Wraith II Fuel Gauge Troubleshooting « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 523
Posted on Friday, 02 October, 2015 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

continues. I found the sender very messed up and so I replaced it. There is no response from the fuel gauge, nor from the oil level feature.
Advice on what to check next? Meanwhile, I will be in The Factory Manual.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 552
Posted on Saturday, 03 October, 2015 - 07:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The voltage stabiliser for the instruments.

Earthing the wire to the sender should send the gauge to full. Fuel and oil. Also one of the fuel ones puts the light on.

The voltage stabiliser is common to both gauges.

Some cars do not have stabilsers.

One side of the gauge goes to the sender. The other side is ignition on live. Stablized cars 10v approx. Unstabilized battery voltage.

This gauge is combined. If the oil level sensor in the sump is earthed and the button pressed the needle should go to full oil level. If it does check wire between gauge and petrol tank.

Connect volt meter between earth and diconnected sensor wire. Turn ignition on. No volts means open circuit. Volts means circuit ok and the volts are coming thru the gauge ok. The volts will be less than battery volts.

The fuse !!.