Painting Everflex roof Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Painting Everflex roof « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Anson
New User
Username: bentleybloke

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, 28 November, 2004 - 08:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All, I have found a 1977 Bentley T2 chassis no SBH 31659 and wondered if it was possible to paint the everflex roof? It is in a tan sort of colour at the moment but I would like to paint or dye it black. Could anybody recommend a product designed for the job and could they give me details of a supplier here in the UK. Alternatively I could get the roof re done with black vinyl. Any idea of cost for this and again someone who can do it?
Many thanks Mark Anson

William H. Trovinger II
Grand Master
Username: bill_trovinger

Post Number: 171
Posted on Sunday, 28 November, 2004 - 08:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark;

I cannot tell you who or where to get the top re-dyed. However, I will tell you that over the years the re-dye work I have seen does not last. Sun and weather will fade it out much faster and uneven.

Not knowing the cost difference I would recommend going the route of a new top.

Best regards,
Bill

Mark Anson
Experienced User

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, 28 November, 2004 - 08:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All,
I'm answering my own question here but thought I would post this in case anybody else is looking to paint/dye their roof or leather too. I found this site http://www.parasolinc.com/default.asp Their products seem OK but I can't find a UK supplier. Has anybody used this company before? What was the finish like when done?
Please keep your answers coming as I am sure there may be other products/ways of changing my roof colour.
Kind regards Mark

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 111
Posted on Sunday, 28 November, 2004 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Mark,This is my experence with the everflex roofs in the Uk are as follow's.
At the time when they fade and look shabby it is as Bill.T. has mentioned time to replace,you will be alarmed at the damp that has crept through due to the climate change here in the UK,with sometimes rust that has to be delt with.
My local trimmers carry out replacement everflex roofs for RR etc.they do them all the time,and are in the south west if it is any help let me know if needed.

Mark Anson
Experienced User

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, 02 December, 2004 - 05:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Patrick,
My roof is an excellent condition....its just the wrong colour!!! hence the need to paint/dye it black. I am painting the car ivory with black roof to match my other cars. A contact number for someone who can renew the roof would be much appreciated. Many thanks Mark

Brad Clinch
Experienced User
Username: brad_clinch

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, 19 January, 2005 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,
I've performed some searches here but to no avail. But found this forum topic.
Can anyone advise what cleaners should be used on an everflex roof?
Mine is also tan coloured.
Thank you.
Regards,
Brad C

Robert Wort
Prolific User
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 50
Posted on Thursday, 20 January, 2005 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Brad,
Depending on what type of stains you have accumulated, you should find that eucalyptus oil and a soft cloth should do a good job. You can then use preventative measures by applying some good old Armour All. While everflex is a superior quality to the vinyl roofs put on 'bread and butter' cars of the seventies (I had an old Ford with one), I found that to be effective and I should think that the result would be the same. A supplier for auto detailers may also have a proprietry cleaner, have you tried contacting any of these people?