'77 Wraith II AC Update Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » '77 Wraith II AC Update « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 488
Posted on Saturday, 11 July, 2015 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I blew the radiator out to remove the trash which was behind the condenser, so if you have overheating issues, you might want to blow through the radiator back-to-front to remove trash.
I removed the expansion valve so I can flush the evaporator; then I will have flushed the entire system. My POA valve came back Wednesday and it is beautiful: just like new. I ordered another parallel-flow condenser as the first one was about 1/4 inch too tall to fit (it was 14 high x 18 wide). The next\try will be with a unit 12 x 20 inches. Assuming it fits I will begin reassembly.
Also, remember I posted earlier that I insulated the pipe from the evaporator back to the expansion valve, as it passes near the exhaust manifold. This was questioned so I removed the insulation; however, this same pipe on the Wraith II is insulated with a black urethane foam sleeve which seems likely to have been fitted at the Factory. Hummmm.