Outback Camargue and the rest of the ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Outback Camargue and the rest of the rabble « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 148
Posted on Friday, 13 March, 2015 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

For ages I have been trying to upload pics of Camargue JRH23682 and Geoff asked sometime back if I could upload pics of the engine being worked on etc. However, given the fact that I just cant seem to organise that given the small amount of pixels allowed by the forum, I have set up an email address where if you chaps want to see the car you can. So the username is RollsRoyceCamargue1977@yahoo.com.au and the password is spiritofecstacy. I installed irfanview on my laptop Geoff but it unbalanced the entire caper with windows constantly coming up and making a nuisance of itself so I killed it off. Probably I should set up a blog or website but this is the best I can do for now.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 653
Posted on Friday, 13 March, 2015 - 01:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir

Thanks for putting up the snaps. Really interesting. The one car I don't think you have mentioned before is the Jaguar Mk10. I really like it. Why the Anthony Hopkins poster - are you a fan of his.

Regards

Geoff.

Prolific User

Post Number: 149
Posted on Friday, 13 March, 2015 - 01:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Actually, Geoff the Jag is a 420G which was a little bit more luxurious than the mark ten plus it has the 4.2 engine rather than the 3.8 plus electric windows and airconditioning but that was after market on the car I have. The grill also is a bit different and it has chrome strips down the out side. Yes definitely Hopkins is a great actor and Worlds Fastest Indian is a great movie, you should see it if you haven't yet

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 773
Posted on Friday, 13 March, 2015 - 08:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The 420G was my first Jag. Hell of a car for its era. I made the mistake of replacing it with a 3.8 litre Mk2. The 420 used a lot less fuel!

Prolific User

Post Number: 150
Posted on Friday, 13 March, 2015 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have always thought the 420G was a great car, always liked the shape and the dash and interior.
Australia is the best place in the world to buy them because of the climate here (no snow and salt on the road). I will be probably painting this one black. I saw a black one in Sydney about 10 years ago and the black definitely goes well with the chrome. The cheapest ones in the world are definitely in Australia, some restorable cars are almost given away. I could never find out what happened to all the ones that went to the US, they appear to have simply vanished without a trace

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.120.227
Posted on Saturday, 14 March, 2015 - 07:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mk9 jag saloon

(Message approved by david_gore)